Worth $1200???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Around me, a CHevy D60 can be had for 600 bucks or so. A 14b FF is about 150.

So it's about 750, IMO.

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Well, if I was paying more attention.... It's not worth 1200 as a roller. I thought it was a whole truck for some reason. DUH!

Yeah a roller. I thought I said it was a 4x4 rolling chassis.

Around me, a CHevy D60 can be had for 600 bucks or so. A 14b FF is about 150.

So it's about 750, IMO.

I haven't checked locally here in Missouri what d60s go for but he had a jeep guy come by and just wanted the axles and he wouldn't budge on price, hence why it's still sitting there probably.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Make sure you stay in touch, that way when he finally wake sup you're there lol.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
I'd say there cheaper in the lower states

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The money is in the front axle only IMO. How long has it been sitting there? How desperate do you think he is to move it? I'd say I've got $800 and can haul it off today. When he comes back with $1000, I'd say all I have is $800.

What are the city codes as far as having something like that sit in your front yard. Be an anonymous neighbor and call in a complaint so he gets a letter from the city to move it or get fined. :happy175: Do that after he turns down your $800 but make sure he has your phone # to call you the day he gets the notice from the city.

If he isn't motivated to get rid of it, make him motivated to get rid of it.

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
The money is in the front axle only IMO. How long has it been sitting there? How desperate do you think he is to move it? I'd say I've got $800 and can haul it off today. When he comes back with $1000, I'd say all I have is $800.

What are the city codes as far as having something like that sit in your front yard. Be an anonymous neighbor and call in a complaint so he gets a letter from the city to move it or get fined. :happy175: Do that after he turns down your $800 but make sure he has your phone # to call you the day he gets the notice from the city.

Hot Rod you are a cold cold blooded man but if the frame is in Wyandotte County it has to be on a improved parking area ( not on the grass) can not be a eye sore from the street can be fined and have to remove it from sight of the road . I know this because when I lived on 51st and state rd I got a $500 fine and 10 days to remove a 52 chevy cab from my back yard that could be seen from 51st . moved it into the basement and didn't have to pay the fine but for the next year coed enforcement was up my azz I couldn't work on anything out side and leave it out over night they would put a ticket on it and back to court I would go . I hope this info helps you get that $500 frame good luck:cheers:

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Hot Rod you are a cold cold blooded man but if the frame is in Wyandotte County it has to be on a improved parking area ( not on the grass) can not be a eye sore from the street can be fined and have to remove it from sight of the road . I know this because when I lived on 51st and state rd I got a $500 fine and 10 days to remove a 52 chevy cab from my back yard that could be seen from 51st . moved it into the basement and didn't have to pay the fine but for the next year coed enforcement was up my azz I couldn't work on anything out side and leave it out over night they would put a ticket on it and back to court I would go . I hope this info helps you get that $500 frame good luck:cheers:

Sad ain't it! The rules we have on our own property!

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size

Hahaha that's a darn good idea. I never even thought about that. My uncle lives up the road from him, maybe I should have him call too

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Hot Rod you are a cold cold blooded man but if the frame is in Wyandotte County

It's in CASS Co MO. I'm in Jackson Co and I had a 1951 gmc truck backed into my driveway in front of my garage. Mind you at the time if you didn't know any better was drivable. Only had a cracked windshield. It sat there for over a month then I went to the Harley dealer where my neighbor worked and he wanted to buy the truck off me. I said no sorry man it's my project. Well **** you not the next morning there's a sign in my yard from the city about removing vehicles in disrepair. I called and asked who complained and all they said was a neighbor called it in as an eyesore. By city code no vehicles can be built basically in a driveway. But did find the only reason it stuck out was bc no license plate. That guy was a *****. All I did was clear out my garage a bit and pushed it in, outta sight outta mind. He came by the next day and asked if I sold it, nope it's hidden *******. He wasn't too happy.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
It's in CASS Co MO. I'm in Jackson Co and I had a 1951 gmc truck backed into my driveway in front of my garage. Mind you at the time if you didn't know any better was drivable. Only had a cracked windshield. It sat there for over a month then I went to the Harley dealer where my neighbor worked and he wanted to buy the truck off me. I said no sorry man it's my project. Well **** you not the next morning there's a sign in my yard from the city about removing vehicles in disrepair. I called and asked who complained and all they said was a neighbor called it in as an eyesore. By city code no vehicles can be built basically in a driveway. But did find the only reason it stuck out was bc no license plate. That guy was a *****. All I did was clear out my garage a bit and pushed it in, outta sight outta mind. He came by the next day and asked if I sold it, nope it's hidden *******. He wasn't too happy.
I would be pissed!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

Yeah, that's the BS with Jackson County. My parent's neighborhood even has a by-law in their HOA about "no significant car repair is to be performed in your driveway" :rolleyes: WTF does that even mean? One person's "significant car repair" is another person's simple maintenance job :shrug:

That's one reason I'm glad I ended up in Cass County. Whereabouts in Cass is this roller?

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Yeah, that's the BS with Jackson County. My parent's neighborhood even has a by-law in their HOA about "no significant car repair is to be performed in your driveway" :rolleyes: WTF does that even mean? One person's "significant car repair" is another person's simple maintenance job :shrug:

That's one reason I'm glad I ended up in Cass County. Whereabouts in Cass is this roller?

I live in a HOA as well. They're a joke but that's another story. They don't mess with us now after I threatened then with a lawsuit. But the city of lees summit had the ordinance. But funny thing is no one has said anything about me working on my square. It has plates,expired tags, but is licensed and they can't do much about it.

The roller is in Belton. Off 58hwy and Y/s.cedar st.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I live in a HOA as well. They're a joke but that's another story. They don't mess with us now after I threatened then with a lawsuit. But the city of lees summit had the ordinance. But funny thing is no one has said anything about me working on my square. It has plates,expired tags, but is licensed and they can't do much about it.

The roller is in Belton. Off 58hwy and Y/s.cedar st.

That is literally just down the road from me :waytogo: Maybe I can put in the anonymous call for you :lol:

Yeah, I grew up in LS and lived there for a LOT of years. When I was working on my '77 I'd work on it in the driveway and then just put it back in the garage when I was done for the day so they never could get anything on me. I'm sure my neighbors hated it LOL

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
If it comes down to it maybe. I do not want to be that guy. My buddy who does paint and body went with me and we planted a seed of some barter work so maybe he'll consider wheeling and dealing sorta speak.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
If it comes down to it maybe. I do not want to be that guy. My buddy who does paint and body went with me and we planted a seed of some barter work so maybe he'll consider wheeling and dealing sorta speak.

LOL...I was kidding :) I'd bet you all eventually come to an agreement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lepak