Worth $1200???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've been harassed by the city plenty. Some probably justified, but most not. Got a notice about my NOT RUNNING box van that sat in the driveway and had 5 days to move it. The guy couldn't even have been back to his office yet at City Hall. I got in the truck and drove it to City Hall, went in with the letter and chewed his ass. He said since it's not driven very much, (like once, maybe twice a year) he'd have to come out and verify it starts and runs. I said, Look out your damn window, it's in the parking lot. He took the letter outta my hand, went through a file and got his copy and tore them both up. But he sure didn't bother apologizing either.

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
I've been harassed by the city plenty. Some probably justified, but most not. Got a notice about my NOT RUNNING box van that sat in the driveway and had 5 days to move it. The guy couldn't even have been back to his office yet at City Hall. I got in the truck and drove it to City Hall, went in with the letter and chewed his ass. He said since it's not driven very much, (like once, maybe twice a year) he'd have to come out and verify it starts and runs. I said, Look out your damn window, it's in the parking lot. He took the letter outta my hand, went through a file and got his copy and tore them both up. But he sure didn't bother apologizing either.

Wow that is a bit excessive. Come out and verify that it actually RUNS? What a waste of tax payers money. My thing about it is if it has plates then leave it alone. There's a guy around the corner from me who has a'80s k5 that's been parked at the foot of his driveway, over a sidewalk too, and he hasn't been hassled. Has a plate but it's 5-6 years past expectation. I drive by it every day and not once have I seen it more or heard it start,has dual exhaust figure it's loud.

Come to think about it, I just realized it's gone. As I am typing this I pictured it and seen yesterday it was missing. Funny how your mind gets so used to something and can block it out until it changes.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
I don't see why it even has to be plated I think you should be able to have anything sit on your own property regardless! I don't care if it is an eyesore but you never really own your property anymore you don't pay your taxes they'll take it

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
So with this roller being a railroad service vehicle, are the axles a standard width? I know standard gauge rr tracks are 4' 8.5" wide and I've always wondered if service trucks are built for the narrower track with special axles or just run positive offset wheels? Maybe @Mr Clean can enlighten us.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
So with this roller being a railroad service vehicle, are the axles a standard width? I know standard gauge rr tracks are 4' 8.5" wide and I've always wondered if service trucks are built for the narrower track with special axles or just run positive offset wheels? Maybe @Mr Clean can enlighten us.

They are built the same. The wheels are off set to the inside, and the track wheels fold down. The rubber barely touches the track, when the truck is running on the track wheels.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Thanks MC, that's one of those odd questions that's been rattling around in my brain for years.

Now... can you explain women to us???:crazy:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks MC, that's one of those odd questions that's been rattling around in my brain for years.

Now... can you explain women to us???:crazy:

He ain't got time to esplain women, but if you'd like to borrow volume 1 when and if I ever get done with it....

Attachments

• understandingwomen.jpg
    understandingwomen.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 55

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Wow that is a bit excessive. Come out and verify that it actually RUNS? What a waste of tax payers money. My thing about it is if it has plates then leave it alone. There's a guy around the corner from me who has a'80s k5 that's been parked at the foot of his driveway, over a sidewalk too, and he hasn't been hassled. Has a plate but it's 5-6 years past expectation. I drive by it every day and not once have I seen it more or heard it start,has dual exhaust figure it's loud.

Come to think about it, I just realized it's gone. As I am typing this I pictured it and seen yesterday it was missing. Funny how your mind gets so used to something and can block it out until it changes.

Yeah, the city inspector is a *****. Then I got a letter from another guy about my K10 in the driveway with the bed off of it. So OK, I knew I was pushing my luck on that one. I called him up, real nice guy, told him I needed just til Tuesday and he could come back out. He said, yeah that's fine, thanks for calling. So the new guy shows up at my front door Monday morning with the ***** just as I was leaving with my first tow of the day. The ***** said, the truck was supposed to be moved Friday. I looked at the new guy right in the eye, and then at the ***** and said, I'll have it moved by noon today, I have my tow truck and I'll get it back to my shop at the airpark. He bitched and moaned but left and said he'd be back after noon.

So I called back to the city hall about an hour later with the number the new guy left on his letter and I had called him and told him I wanted til Tuesday and he said OK that would be fine. He answers his phone, told him who I was, and he immediately apologized and I cut him off instantly, and said, it's all good buddy, I know exactly what was up there and I didn't want to throw you under the bus so I didn't say a word about having til tomorrow. He said yeah, I had, again, I cut him off and said, No worries, I know exactly what that was all about. Carl is a ***** and was gonna take you out in the field and show how to get things done BOY !!! Dude busted the hell up laughing his ass off, and saying, Man you nailed it, that's exactly what it was too. Carl knew you had til tomorrow, but yeah, he took me out for some follow ups. So I told him, I'll have moved in about an hour if he wants to drive back by but don't let Carl turn you into an ******* like he is. I haven't had any more problems since and the K10 has been back in the driveway with no motor for about 3 months. I'm sure the day will come again, but I'll just yank it back to the shop til the heats off again and bring it back home AGAIN.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pistol85