Won't idle in gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue Square

Tryin' to figger' it out...
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Hey ya'll. Similar problem others have had with idle under load. Weird thing is my rig was running like a scalded dog then suddenly it will not idle. I had not been working on it lately. As long as you have some gas on it, it will drive fine. Revs up fine. Sounds great when idling. But once you put a load on it without foot in the pedal it will slowly die. First noticed when it died while rounding a slow corner, braking slightly with no gas. Really did NOT want to start after that. It will idle fine even under a load when first started, but once it warms up it won't. I can drive it around for a few minutes, then it will die. I feel like there's a clue in there somewhere. Pictures of my setup attached. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Carb2.jpg
    Carb2.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Carb1.jpg
    Carb1.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 54

Big Blue Square

Tryin' to figger' it out...
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Turns out the carb was shot internally and spewing gas everywhere. Got a rebuilt Edel 650 on it...sounds like a warbird and runs like a dream. Had to take Big Blue for a sunday drive today and show her off with the beautiful weather!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eri24