Wondering if I could get some honest opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burban1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
I came across something that I would prefer over my suburban and was curious if anyone would like to give their honest opinion on what they would pay for my truck. 88 suburban 4x4 3/4 ton. The only thing wrong with it is the AC compressor started going out so I unplugged it. The interior is immaculate with a good headliner. Has a little bit of surface rust on the roof but that is the only place you will find rust.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
It’s pretty nice. Do you guys have emissions testing for that year in WA?

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
it’s a 3/4 ton which is good.Hard to say what I think YOU should pay.I’d drive it,crawl under it and look around with a flashlight.Which you won’t be crawling under with a 6” lift.So,6” lift,now you gotta look to see if he did it right and has steering area braced up right and the steering geometry anyway.If you don’t see any braces off the foremost cross member for steering box,I’d be leery.The frames crack easily there stock,let alone those size tires....unless it has crossover steering and that would mean he knew what he was doing,also that it could of been wheeled too.

id look at your driveshaft angles and pinion seals.There’s a reason all that is new.A lot of lift (my opinion)

If it’s your daily driver,that’s a lot of maintenance.

I love suburbans though.Good vehicles.

I recommend you pay as little as possible of course.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Looks to be a $6k up truck if it was over here in my state.

BigDaddy72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Chassis Cab
Engine Size
Good looking Burban.

$4,500 quick sell

$7000 if you don’t mind sitting on it a bit.

Burban1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
It’s pretty nice. Do you guys have emissions testing for that year in WA?

No! We actually just done away with emissions totally. So no more air quality testing per vehicle which is kind of nice.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Emissions free, that’s a $10,000 vehicle all day here… Maybe more

AKguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 Crew Cab Silverado
Engine Size
Yeah, saw an 85 with new paint and interior, very low miles warm 350, straight, sell for $15,000 in Arizona.

59840Surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
350 Stroker to 383 with a 400 crank, Crane Cam, Q-Jet, single 3.5" exhaust..
Yeah, saw an 85 with new paint and interior, very low miles warm 350, straight, sell for $15,000 in Arizona.

... yeah but that's for an Arizona registered vehicle - not one you drive FROM WA or MT or ID ---> TO Arizona. Most all AZ or SoCal and possibly S Texas will have no frame rot like a vehicle (any vehicle, really) from states with snow and salted roads.

Check the frame in the voids and if you see rust, you can rest assured that there's rust hiding in the lower body panels and body joints/quarter panels, etc.

A good fully equipped 4wd with new tires and custom rims in Montana - with Montana plates would get maybe $2-3000 --- but don't expect to drive it for too long.

They are certainly cheaper here where I live --- but all my vehicles I buy come from SoCal when I can swing it.

Used SoCal vehicles sell at a premium in snow country!

Burban1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
... yeah but that's for an Arizona registered vehicle - not one you drive FROM WA or MT or ID ---> TO Arizona. Most all AZ or SoCal and possibly S Texas will have no frame rot like a vehicle (any vehicle, really) from states with snow and salted roads.

Check the frame in the voids and if you see rust, you can rest assured that there's rust hiding in the lower body panels and body joints/quarter panels, etc.

A good fully equipped 4wd with new tires and custom rims in Montana - with Montana plates would get maybe $2-3000 --- but don't expect to drive it for too long.

They are certainly cheaper here where I live --- but all my vehicles I buy come from SoCal when I can swing it.

Used SoCal vehicles sell at a premium in snow country!

No salt used in washington. The frame is solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelmarine53