Wiring, plugs, speedo cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rudy Euresti

Reaction score
First Name
Rudy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
  1. You must be registered for see images attach
    You must be registered for see images attach
    I know one is the speedo cable. But I guess it applied to the 350 trans it had before. Not sure how it’s suppose to mate onto this trans. This one is a 700r4. Am I suppose to convert that 4 pin plug into a 2 pin plug? That looks like what’s on the trans.

EvilGenius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darien
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The 700R4 you have appears to be a late model one with an electronic speed output (vss). The plug on the tail housing is for a wire connection. The stock transmissions in these trucks used a mechanical speedometer cable that has a spinning shaft inside the cable. Only the last couple years of certain models had a electronic speedo system.

The rubber 2 wire connector in your first pick appears to be the connector for the oil pressure switch that controls when the electric choke is on. The oil pressure switch is probably located just above your oil filter. It will have two vertical pins sticking out of it to mate with that connector.

The 4 port connector in your second photo is for a 700R4 and it controls TCC lockup. The mating connector on the trans should be on the drivers side of the case above the pan. I'm not familiar with all 700R4s, so a later-model one like the one you have might not have that connection.

mmerlinn

Reaction score
First Name
mmerlinn
Truck Year
1977, 1993, & 1993
Truck Model
Ranger, Aerostar, & Aerostar
Engine Size
460, 181, & 181
The 4 port connector in your second photo is for a 700R4 and it controls TCC lockup. The mating connector on the trans should be on the drivers side of the case above the pan. I'm not familiar with all 700R4s, so a later-model one like the one you have might not have that connection.

All 700s have that connection.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbass91120