wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muleys86

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
My 86 Scottsdale doesn't have intermittent wipers. Does the setup from an 86 Silverado swap to my truck? Any problems with this swap? I have the column but not the wiper motor. Any other parts needed? Thanks for any info Muley

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Yeah, it'll work. You need the stalk with the delay switch, the delay module, and the correct motor. Shouldn't be any problem as long as you have everything. Does your column have the little black and gray, finned delay module box with it?

muleys86

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Uh, I don't really know as I got several items from the donor truck. Where is the module located on the column? I need the wiper motor from donor truck also?
On a different note, I got the gauge cluster too and there is a small light green plug coming out of the speedo. What is that?? Your info is greatly appreciated.
Muley

Last edited:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Uhh, haha. The module on my Jimmy just kinda dangles, and I'll tuck it back up there when it falls. I'll attach a picture of what it looks like. Yeah, you need the motor from the donor truck because the delay wiper motor has more pins. There's no guarantee that it'll work, though, because they get around slower than Christmas when they get old.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Whoops, here's the pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 93

muleys86

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Sir, I did not see anything resembling the module pic you have. If the motor is slow then I'm not gonna swap as mine is already slow enough. Just woulda been nice to have the intermittent wipe. The tilt column I got may be junk as its looser than any Ive dealt with before. Well, thank you for your help. I appreciate it. Muley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reese68