Wipers have one speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eighty5ov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ov
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
My wipers only have one speed and I have to turn them off at the bottom of the wiper stroke. Any suggestions?

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Following mine are doing same thing I'm thinking the switch it bad but haven't got into testing yet

Eighty5ov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ov
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
I can’t be rebuilding I don’t think, tho it was very well described. I’d rather just get a new motor if that’s what it is.

Eighty5ov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ov
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
My parking switch was corroded. How would one clean that out in such tiny space ?

Eighty5ov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ov
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
So I did some investigating. Cleaned the connections on the park switch. Without the wiper module, no change. So I checked power to connector, 12 v. On high and low. Plugged everything back in and just one speed. So I put direct power to the motor and ran like it should on high and low. So I’m stuck at where the problem lies. Switch ?

Eighty5ov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ov
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Can’t be switch because I have power to connectors.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
My yellow truck does it too. It started after I changed column. Didn't do it before.

Eighty5ov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ov
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
So I did some more investigating. Firstly I wanted to solve the “park” issue. Had 11+ volts on the connector so I did the jumper wire and the motor moved. So I cleaned connector and wiggled it with key on and wipers in park and the wipers parked. WAS SUPER STOKED.

On to the next issue, the wipers had one speed. I ran a hot ground wire. Checked grounds. No change. Have power at the connector of 11 v. So I ran direct 12 v to the motor like I did before. Now no change. Do I suspect a failed motor ?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
So I did some more investigating. Firstly I wanted to solve the “park” issue. Had 11+ volts on the connector so I did the jumper wire and the motor moved. So I cleaned connector and wiggled it with key on and wipers in park and the wipers parked. WAS SUPER STOKED.

On to the next issue, the wipers had one speed. I ran a hot ground wire. Checked grounds. No change. Have power at the connector of 11 v. So I ran direct 12 v to the motor like I did before. Now no change. Do I suspect a failed motor ?
i would imagine the wiring or the internal switches on the motor assembly are at fault but may just replace it now

Eighty5ov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ov
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
I cleaned all connectors as well as I could, and I have high and low working correctly. As well as park. I hope this thread helps someone out. Feel free to ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strokedK15