Wiper issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshuars

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Hello,

I recently purchased a 1983 K5 Blazer and have had trouble with the windshield wipers. The wipers were unhooked at the motor/firewall when I purchased the K5 and when I plug them back in the wipers are on all the time. From what I have read the modules can be problematic and are not available aftermarket for these years. I have attached photos of my module. I have already tried replacing the switch to no avail. I am guessing since the motor works when plugged in that replacing the motor would not help. Would I be best off trying to bypass the module in some way? I found a YouTube video showing a way to have high/low with a simple relay…
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
. I’m thinking I could do something similar with a factory switch and motor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

You must be registered for see images attach

pinballlarry1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 6 cylinder
Don't forget to check the parking position switch on the wiper motor, it could be stuck closed or not opening when the wipers get to the bottom of the windshield. Simple 2 wire connector near the top of the wiper motor assembly, and gently remove the black cover to get access to the switch:

This switch contact OPENS when wipers reach the PARK position, and CLOSES whenever not at PARK position. The metal arm rides on the plastic cam wheel:

Simplified wiring wiring:

Last edited: