Wiper Control In Steering Column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83silver4x4

Reaction score
First Name
Hello
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just purchased a 1983 Chevy K10. The previous owner installed a steering column out of a 1990 Blazer to move the head lights and the wipers to the column but he never finished the wiper hook up. I have replaced the wiper switch inside the column to the correct one for a 1990 blazer and purchased and installed a AC Delco wiper pulse module for a 1990 blazer. That's where I am stuck. I need to convert the 83 wiring harness to plug into the new pulse module and I have no clue how to hook it up. I am headed to junk yard today to pick up the plug itself but does anyone know about the wiring? Would it be straight color to color? I have noticed that the 83 had the wiper pump built into the motor and the 90 had the pump in the tank. Will this make a difference. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It should be self explanatory when you get the correct plug. IIRC, you just match up the colors. The remote washer pump only makes it a little different under the hood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp wessels