Wiper arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
I am tired of replacing my wiper arms with donors from the yards as they are just as old and keep breaking. So a few questions.

1. where can I get them besides LMC? Is there some place local you have found them.

1. LMC shows there are black or silver. Does it matter? As in, were silver a year or model option?

ABINIDI

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30 3+3
Engine Size
6.2L diesel Banks Turbo
I had to replace one due to the spring being dead and not holding tight to the windshield. Just ordered it via LMC and its fine. Not sure of locally other than junkyards, which is a roll of the dice.
I got mine in black....black and silver refer to the color...if you are replacing them both, just depends on what color you like.

spanky55amg

Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
is there any benefit from going with the 85+ style? that was supposed to be question 3.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
is there any benefit from going with the 85+ style? that was supposed to be question 3.

I installed a set on my '79 for 3 reasons. I wanted to switch over from silver, I wanted the windshield washer squirters on the wiper arms vs in my hood and it was easy to find wiper refills for 81 & up. You want to stay with the '85 style. Black was standard for your year. I couple issues I noticed with the LMC's was the retainer clips at the posts break easy and the springs holding down the arms are not as strong as the OEM ones.

spanky55amg

Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
BTW, just to wrap this up. I got on Rock Auto and without a discount (because like a dumby, I didnt check for one) and ordered a pair for my MY for $14 shipped to my door. So far so good. I thought they would come in silver because they didnt say they were black, but they came black, so even better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad