'83 K10 Wiper "Pulse" Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawn Watson

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm replacing the now 40 year old switches since I'll be pulling the dash and cluster and I'd sure like to add the "pulse" wiper function. I asked Brothers about using their switch as an upgrade for a truck that didn't come with the pulse function and they said "absolutely" but I'd probably be wise to ask here as well.

Is it simply a matter of replacing the switch or is there more to it? I checked their wiper motors and there was nothing about "w/pulse" and "w/o pulse."

Shawn

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
There are 'pulse motors' and 'non-pulse motors'. Some motors have the pulse circuit inside the motor, some not. The latter use a module underneath the steering column.
A book could be written on any of them considering how many differeent styles there have been over the years.
IIWY, I'd start by googling GM Pulse Wiper stuff and go forward from that. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Shawn Watson

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've scoured the web and can't find anything other than a switch w/ and one w/o pulse. Nothing about motors or pulse board for an 83. It's got to be in the switch then, doesn't it? Maybe the pulse board deal started when they moved the switch up to the column with the fancy buttons on the levers.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Scour more
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

richard A lindner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard lindner
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have an 83 c10 and put delayed wipers. You need a switch and a delay box that plugs in between switch and harness

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I have an 83 c10 and put delayed wipers. You need a switch and a delay box that plugs in between switch and harness

This here is correct^^

The wiper motor is the same. Although if you don't care for the current washer pump setup, you can install an '85+ wiper motor and install an electric remote mounted pump. You don't need the newer wiper motor to install a remote pump of course, it just looks cleaner.

Shawn Watson

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I appreciate the help, fellas. Been on the hunt for the module and it seems like maybe aftermarket might be the ticket unless I feel like rolling the dice on a used one. I was dreading the thought of needing a new motor that probably wouldn't jive with the current harness so it sounds like I may be able to pull this off afterall.

Many thanks.

Shawn

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L