Windshield Wiper Fuse Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
OK. And we can get these from?...
I would think the info on the the website and the company phone number on the bottom of the picture would be the place to start, not sure if they do all the Chevy stuff, but if they don't, I'd be surprised if someone else doesn't.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
All of the electrical diagrams for all years are available on here in the resource library. The full color single sheet is a nice convenience for troubleshooting on the truck though.
The wires carry over from the front to the back side of the diagram, making it easier to follow the wires from point A to point B, it's laminated so it's sturdy and it doubles as a place mat when eating while wrenching, I punched holes in mine to keep it in my binder of Charger info for handy reference. It's so much easier to follow colored lines instead of trying to read the name of the colors, from one side of the diagram to the other. Having it on a single 2 sided page is way easier that jumping from page to page also. I'm going to feel bad if I made the suggestion and you guys can't get them for your trucks. I guess I should have searched before I mentioned it.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I would think the info on the the website and the company phone number on the bottom of the picture would be the place to start, not sure if they do all the Chevy stuff, but if they don't, I'd be surprised if someone else doesn't.
I had a senior moment. Thanks!
You must be registered for see images attach

Bruce Wingate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So today I had time and broke out the multimeter and the manual. Turns out I have high but not low speed, and the diagnosis flow chart says that it is a pump issue - most likely dislodged low speed brushes. Recommendation is to replace/repair the pump. I'm going to be looking for an AC Delco unit.

ulm4lyf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande 15
Engine Size
On mine the wipers work just fine, but the washer fluid will not spray out. Would that use the same fuse or would it be a different one?

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
So today I had time and broke out the multimeter and the manual. Turns out I have high but not low speed, and the diagnosis flow chart says that it is a pump issue - most likely dislodged low speed brushes. Recommendation is to replace/repair the pump. I'm going to be looking for an AC Delco unit.
Good luck finding an ACDelco unit. As far as I can tell they have been discontinued. I haven't heard that specifically said, but they were out of stock for the longest time and then the numbers got pulled from the online catalog at work. If you need an ACDelco part number I can look in the paper catalog at work on Monday and see if I can find you one.

Bruce Wingate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0 - I started noticing that. The couple of places that had one listed showed them backordered or with no availability.

I'm a German car guy and one thing I love about them is I can go to the dealer and get a 40 year old part (Drip rail trim from a 1969 BMW 1602 - one week to the dealer). My local Chevy parts counter was basically worthless when I went in looking for what I thought would be a common part. Is that the norm?

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
FWIW......the (rebuilt) motor that is in that thread is a spare and for sale. Make me an offer on it and its yours. I have alot of spare stuff to unload.....just gotta get pics up.

:hat:

Interested..curious as to what is different between a '77 wiper motor and the newer motor?

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
At the moment I'm rebuilding a 79-84 (with the washer pump switch). Its the exact same shell as the 85-87's, but alot more involved.

No idea on the early ones, but would love to get ahold of one and find out.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0 - I started noticing that. The couple of places that had one listed showed them backordered or with no availability.

I'm a German car guy and one thing I love about them is I can go to the dealer and get a 40 year old part (Drip rail trim from a 1969 BMW 1602 - one week to the dealer). My local Chevy parts counter was basically worthless when I went in looking for what I thought would be a common part. Is that the norm?
From a Chevrolet dealer, I'd say it's hit or miss and depends on the dealer and maybe even the counter guy you get. There is still a bunch of ACDelco parts made for our truck. Because ACDelco also sells at retail parts stores the dealer may not be your best choice. Any O'Reilly's auto parts store can send an availability quarry to ACDelco and order directly from them. The problem comes in finding someone at the store that knows how to do those things. If you know anyone that runs a shop WorldPac is a wholesale company that is also an ACDelco distributor, and they are also very good at cataloging ACDelco parts. I'm not sure if they are everywhere, but they are a nationwide company. I don't know how helpful this is but it's what I know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84