Windows Hard To Roll Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Bare

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Just some info from an old mechanic,here.I have worked on many of these old beaters,for years,but have come into a low income situation(injuries.no longer to work full time) so have been resurrecting my old K20 plow truck,because I will not be able to replace it as originally planned.1979(but,that brings up some discussions,as some of the items on this unit are 1978,but,hey,GM did some wearied crap), Replaced beltline moldings,door glass strips,cleaned and lubed all the door glass/regulator roller channels,replaced the LF glass regulator.Replaced both sides beltline mouldings,and both glass run channels.I basically did this to make both windows go up and down.After all this work.It is nice to be able to roll the windows down,when plowing snow.So,after all this work,both windows were extremely hard up and down,even with all roller channels wire brushed out,and lubed.Would go outside, and roll them up and down,a few times,to "work them in". In 2 days,rf window ws almost perfect.Left door crap.Ended up to where the LF door,which I have since found out has been in 3 wreaks,is severely twerked.After 2 weeks of intermittently running the window up and down,it still sucked.Looking at how the glass rises, and my experience with *** and 80's GM cars,figured door frame is bent.Put knees against lower door,reefed/pulled inwards on door frame(with window up,that is the recommended way to do this),(and figured the right angle, from how the glass rises into the weatherstripping/glass run.BOOM.Window goes up and down great.i had always thought squarebody door frames were very strong, they are not,and you can flex and bend them very easily. On another note,I decided to go ahead and replace the door sealing weatherstrips.Well, the left(drivers) that I had all the issues with,just got worse.The hinges are not that bad,but since putting in the new weatherstrip,had to adjust the door latch pin/post, and still is crap,top o door is flush,2/3's way down,but bottom of door is 1.1/2 inch sticking outside.Well, that door has been in 3 wrecks,that we know of.Passenger door is fine,with all new stuff.Anyway,perhaps this might help others.Bob

BKING33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1987, 1989
Truck Model
K30, Suburban
Engine Size
6.2, 6.2 turbo
I had a to door that was bent too. My problem was a water leak at top. Just gave it a little attitude adjustment to fix it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD