Shake, rattle and roll!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Hi guys! 1987 R10 with 305. I experience two distinct types of shaking and both are intermittent.

Shake 1: the truck seems to hate 35-45 mph. It sometimes shakes while accelerating and cruising and shakes similarly but more violently when braking down through those speeds. 2 out of 10 times maybe that it doesn’t happen at all.

Shake 2: is an up and down bounce when coming to a complete stop. Again, not every time but usually. Towards the very end of the stop it jerks like when the rotors are warped.

Rear brakes just got complete overhaul and were a mess. Front brakes passed inspection a year ago.

Sometimes I feel like a paint can getting put in the mixer.

Anyone experienced this? Would love to have a more pleasant ride.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It's either your tires, brakes, drive line, axles or the taco bell you had for lunch. Process of elimination. I've installed brand new warped rotors before. Damn Chinese.

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Lol. What is messing with my mind is why it isn’t consistent. BTW, I put a new imported EGR in like two months ago and the code is back. Never ends.

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Also, the shake does sometimes feel like a knot on my tire but can’t find one. And great tread.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Check the motor mounts for the heck of it. You'll need a crowbar to do it correctly.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If by chance you have a two piece driveshaft take a good look at the carrier bearing. I've seen these symptoms before with a dilapidated bearing and mount.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad