Window regulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Wood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 cid. / 5.7L
My drivers door window don't roll up worth crap.

The crank will turn about 80% of a revolution then stop, you have to back it up an inch then go back around and it stops again about where it did before.

So rolling the window up is a long process of playing with the crank to get it to go up.

Ya'll think this is probably the regulator or something else. I am going to pull it apart soon but it's rainy for a few day so it has to wait.

Just looking for idea's on what to look for before I dive into it.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Possibly regulator, rear window guide track, or even deteriorated felt. You won't know for certain until you remove door panel.

Mine was sort of similar to yours when I got it. It was combination of regulator and felt in rear track had come loose and was binding glass in the track. I replaced all parts necessary and solved issue.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Possibly regulator, rear window guide track, or even deteriorated felt. You won't know for certain until you remove door panel.

Mine was sort of similar to yours when I got it. It was combination of regulator and felt in rear track had come loose and was binding glass in the track. I replaced all parts necessary and solved issue.
That's my thought ,too but you beat me to it.

Michael Wood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 cid. / 5.7L
Ok, thanks guys.

Trying to paint my house, tear down a old garage, pour a large concrete slab, build a new shop, keep the waist high weeds at bay
on top of normal everyday stuff so the window may take awhile to get to.

Being disabled I have to hire laborers for the first time in my life for most stuff. It takes a full day to do what used to take 3 hours..... ugh!

I do want to get the window fixed and will probably just order all new insides for it since I am going to order a new door also.

Want to change out both doors, hood & fenders and make the body nice to match the flatbed. Won't be hard since there isn't a ton of body to it.

I need to find a new seat also...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP