Window regulator part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ulm4lyf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande 15
Engine Size
I am going to replace the window regulators on both doors. I have ordered all of the parts from the picture from LMC except for #5 - "roller and rivet" because it is out of stock with no backorders. Is this something that will come with the new regulators , will I have to find them somewhere else, or will I likely have to reuse my old ones?
You must be registered for see images attach

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You may have to re-use the old ones. When you get it apart, take a few photos. We can make anything!

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
If the new regulator does not have them, clean the old ones.
Many folks have had issues with LMC, Classic Industries and others supplying the WRONG roller. Don't waste any more money yet.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
My regulators came with all new rollers. Which is a good thing because that's what usually wears out.

ulm4lyf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande 15
Engine Size
Just got this email from LMC, so for future reference now you all know.
You must be registered for see images attach

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
It should, it's a replacement. Now, hopefully they installed the correct one.

Elliot W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Elliot
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
In the case of not replacing the whole regulator and just replacing the roller, does anyone have a good reference on how to do it? It seems more difficult that I wish it was with a rivet and all. Will I need to take out the regulator or glass from the door? Anyone know the best way to get the old roller/rivet out?

ulm4lyf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande 15
Engine Size
In the case of not replacing the whole regulator and just replacing the roller, does anyone have a good reference on how to do it? It seems more difficult that I wish it was with a rivet and all. Will I need to take out the regulator or glass from the door? Anyone know the best way to get the old roller/rivet out?
Most of the videos that I've seen on youtube were replacing the whole regulator.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
By the time you remove the regulator you're not going to want to spend time drilling and riviting the replacement rollers.

I followed one video (can't find it now) that was really good - it was for power windows though. The way it's done seem backwards but it works!

Elliot W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Elliot
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
By the time you remove the regulator you're not going to want to spend time drilling and riviting the replacement rollers.

I followed one video (can't find it now) that was really good - it was for power windows though. The way it's done seem backwards but it works!
Bummer....I already got the rollers so thats still the path I'm going down. I watched a couple videos on it last night and it doesn't seem too tough to remove the regulator. Frankly, I'm not sure what I was thinking when I asked if its possible to drill out the rivets while the regulator is in the door. I haven't gotten to the part in the video on the reinstall which is why I say it doesn't look too bad.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
i use dorman regulator on mine (electric) and work great, cheap and easy to find at part store! :)

Attachments

• _DSC5172.jpg
    _DSC5172.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 42

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
I bought a new left side door regulator from LMC. Not sure what happened, it seemed like it stripped out and stopped working. I did order another one from them. Like to find a better built regulator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy