Wild Bill OHV park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Thought I'd post a few pictures of my trip last month to Wild Bill. This is a large park on top of some mountains near Blacktail ski area. Think it has been around since the 70's. BF Goodrich honored it as one of the outstanding trails of 2008. There is over 23 miles of trails with more on the way. There is something for everyone- massive kelly humps, frame twister pits, trees that are buried in the road, rock crawling, hill climbing, and a few mud pits.

Not exactly the best habitat for a full size long bed, but there was always a way to get around things. It might be tight, but can be done. Had some moments of very heavy rain that partially flooded parts of the road. Had to go slow as none of us knew what was under the water. Nice views once you get to the top of the mountain also. Only damage from the day was some light scratches on my taillight when the rear of the truck slid sideways into an enbankment. Too bad the pics don't show how deep or steep some of the sections were. Even in low range and in 1st the truck was going too fast on some of the steep downhill sections. Brakes got nice and hot. Other than a $3000 atlas transfer case, or an expensive doubler setup, or changing out the auto to a manual trans is there any option of putting in a 3:1 ratio in a NP203?

After this trip I replaced my motor and transfer case mounts. My fan was rubbing the shroud any time the truck was twisted up. Also it kept popping out of 4 low. The new mounts have fixed this. I also installed a rock guard for the front diff.

I do have to say I was very impressed with the BF Goodrich KM2 tires. Out of everything I have owned before they are the best offroad. Gravel, mud, wet slick rocks... they did great. Sidewalls survived rubbing granite and shale rocks, stumps, rubbing along downed trees... no damage at all.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Great pics, thanks for sharing man. :)

Posted From Hell

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
Looks like a pile of fun. Glad to hear your truck survived the trip. Nothing more disappointing than having to get towed home.

woodsrider250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350-Qjet
Sweet. What kind of camper top is that?

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Sweet. What kind of camper top is that?

It is made by softopper. I was able to find one on Craigslist for next to nothing. It can be folded down to open up the bed in just a few minutes.

You must be registered for see images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theshawnR