Where can i get a New GMC Steering wheel for my 82?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1982K15

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Frankenstein GMChevy
Engine Size
305 V8
i would like to get a new steering wheel, or even just the gmc insert. any ideas on where to look? or does someone even have one they may sell?

Any help would be great! thanks!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome Aboard Mike. Instead of HiJacking that headlight thread, I've moved your post to it's own thread in the Interior Category where it'll get more response.

Are you wanting to keep the OEM factory steering wheel? I'd check ebay, or there might be someone here that has the center for cheap. You're just wanting the horn button I assume???

1982K15

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Frankenstein GMChevy
Engine Size
305 V8
the previous owner of the truck has put chevy parts on the truck, and its more of a preferance im working on switching it back to a GMC look. and all thats missing is the horn button yes. and i was unsure where to put a new post being im new, thanks for the move.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
the previous owner of the truck has put chevy parts on the truck, and its more of a preferance im working on switching it back to a GMC look. and all thats missing is the horn button yes. and i was unsure where to put a new post being im new, thanks for the move.

Ohhhh, you got one of those type PO's (Previous Owners). Where they want to be a Chevy when it's a GMC. Idiots !!! :chair:

All that does it start raising flags when a cop pulls you over for a taillight out. He's sees GMC on the registration and then all the Chevrolet badging just gives them reason to start matching up VIN #'s and asking questions like, Do you have the right plates on the truck etc. Someone around here might have an OEM horn button for cheap. I didn't have one at all for my K1500 and scored one for $2 at Pull A Part but that's the only one I have.

1982K15

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Frankenstein GMChevy
Engine Size
305 V8
EXACTLY! i had issues just transfering the title..becuase its GMC but chevy everywhere,made me get the vin verified and all this BS. well. ill throw up a post and see what happens thanks!!!!!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
EXACTLY! i had issues just transfering the title..becuase its GMC but chevy everywhere,made me get the vin verified and all this BS. well. ill throw up a post and see what happens thanks!!!!!!

Have you still got the original steering wheel on the truck? So all you need is the horn button right???

You're a Newbie with under 50 posts and won't have access to post in the classifieds. It's a security thing. But for this small item, I'll get you an ad in the Wanted Section and link it to here so you can respond.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I got that in the wanted section.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6369

I can not for the life of me remember if I kept it, or what I did with it, but I scrapped an 81 GMC a year or 2 ago, and I think I kept that. It wasn't in the best of shape, but still worth keeping. It had like a crack in the clear cover or something. Most do anyway by now. I came across a nicer one at Pull A Part and I'm using it on my 85 K1500. If I can find it, I'll get you a pic of it.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I have a nice one. It's the base model style - wider rather than taller as in the highend packages.

And it's from an 86 - not sure about fitment for an 82. It's like this (actually it is that one):

You must be registered for see images attach

If it fits - you can have it for a SASE.

1982K15

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Frankenstein GMChevy
Engine Size
305 V8
ill take it..i guess let me know how to get ahold of you here or a Pm..im new here...SASE?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
ill take it..i guess let me know how to get ahold of you here or a Pm..im new here...SASE?

SASE is Self Addressed Stamped Envelope. Basically saying pay for shipping.

You're sure that's the one you need? There is this type too.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GMCHornCap.jpg
    GMCHornCap.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 173

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david b