wheel fitment and suspension information needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devillusion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 CCSB dually
Engine Size
Some constructive information needed:

After some reading and numbers crunching.......I find that my cab and chassis rear differential that I thought was going to save me alot of body carnage getting semis to fit, now has to be changed out. Being that I am not linking or bagging my truck right away, the wheels will hit the leaf springs, even going with the direct bolt ons is now not in the cards as has the same issue.

So...the way I have things figured, is that I need to take a normal 14 bolt differential (have a couple already) and use that as it will move my tires outward from the C and C differential location 2" per side, but bring them inboard 2.25" from where a stock dually is situated.

make sense? Or am I missing something.

....and on another note, what is peoples constructive critisism on the airbar setups for the one ton duallys? What is the best setup out there, or to a well built system that functions well for a daily driver/hauler.

scottybaccus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
Well, you didn't say what truck or body you are talking about, but the 2wd 14 bolt is 64.25" wide. It matches the standard 10 bolt and 12 bolt axles from 2wd C10/C20 '73-'87.

If you need a single wheel solution, it should work.

Devillusion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 CCSB dually
Engine Size
Well, you didn't say what truck or body you are talking about, but the 2wd 14 bolt is 64.25" wide. It matches the standard 10 bolt and 12 bolt axles from 2wd C10/C20 '73-'87.

If you need a single wheel solution, it should work.

Its on the CCSB 89 2wd project......and you must be speaking of the semi floater I assume, cause GM never made a full floater with that WMS measurements. Mine is already 63.5" wms to wms.....in which if I decide to go SRW I need a 60" wms meausrement to be able to tuck the 20x12s with 335s.

I'm pretty sure if I go with dually, I will swap out to the SRW 14 FF differential which is 67.5" wms......which is 5" narrower than the dually differentials and should allow me the clearances I need.

...and there lies the decision..SRW/DRW...semis or bolt on? I can go either way....cost wise I guess the semi's are out.

A little birdie told me that there is tentatively a set of 22" bolt ons coming into production at a more affordable rate come 2015. Time will tell if they follow through.

thanks for the advise non the less....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76