Whats you gas mileage on your squarebody truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
It can clean off nasty intake valve deposits. But to really clean out one good. Use some B12 chemtool or seafoam and "feed it the onions" as Derick on vice Grip garage says as you pour it down the throat of the carb .

I'm a fan of A/C Delco X-66A, for true carbon and deposit removal, but it'll take anything off and you got to be careful it's harsh stuff and will mess up your paint. For truly stubborn deposits a cup of water dripped down the carb on a warm fast idle. I think the main thing I find interesting about MMO is not so much the cleaning ability, when added to gas, but also the lubricating ability. Lets face it, a few ounces in 20 gallons really ain't much. I use to have a pinging problem in my Jeep and I'd swear MMO reduced the pinging. Like being interested in hearing gas mileage reports I enjoy hearing about peoples experiences with additives. I'm pretty firm that most don't work, or work well MMO... I'm not sure. Will try in the truck, I should blow through at least two tanks by Friday night and report back after that. Getting off on a tangent for a moment one of the few additives I like for engine oil is MMO, in that case it is for cleaning. The other one is Hyperlube in worn out engines with oil control issues.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
One thing I promise will boost the mileage a bit - typically the next fillup- is Red Line SI- 1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner.

Pricey, though - like 25 bux a 15 ounce bottle.

The old bottles had gallon marks to show how much to use. I saved one.:)

Interesting. looks like the old bottles had marks every 4oz? Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll give this a shot after the MMO.

Red Rex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 1500 4 WD shortbed
Engine Size
Our gas is about $0.20/gallon cheaper than yours, or at least it use to be. Everyone gets it when there was in SC that lives near the border to save a little extra.

And what is it about Myrtle Beach that everyone loves ? I grew up less than two hours from there on the coast of SC. I can count on one hand the times I have been there! I seriously see no reason why people go there!!??:33:

Myrtle Beach is a Sh#+ Hole gang infested place. Not trying to start a fight over this place I just really don't get it?

When I lived there 1967 - 1974 as a high school and later college student it was a pretty good place after Labor Day and before May 31

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Gas mileage sucks.
Talking about gas mileage sucks.
Listening to others talk about gas mileage sucks.
The same applies for hybrids and electrics...it's just a different flavor of sucks.

And reminiscing about the price of gas sucks. I'm overjoyed I recently filled up on premium at $1.90/gallon. Then I remembered my 401k/IRA is down about $165,000 from 6 months ago. That really sucks!

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Gas mileage sucks.
The same applies for hybrids and electrics...it's just a different flavor of sucks.
so I take it the pro-flo didn't vastly improve your mpgs?

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
so I take it the pro-flo didn't vastly improve your mpgs?

I'm sure it improved it but not enough to matter. Until I get this 4500 swap done, I don't expect any "noticeable" improvement. But...the driveability and reliability improved 99.9%
Turn key, start motor...repeat. No annoying run on after shutdown.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I pulled 14.4 mpg out of a k5 with np203,3.73s,th350/350 at 10.2:1 Cr with 305 heads on it and a Quadrajet turnin 31x10.50s

But had to run 91 lol.

I dont even know what a 401k is nor do I care like it matters. I try to REDUCE stress in my life. Beats sittin around worrying about imaginary money.

Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
No intention of living that long. You got a lot more faith than I do..
I do NOT believe I will EVER see ONE DIME of the social security money that is STOLEN from me.

Twenty years from now?

This was made almost that long ago..ever seen it?
401k good for you, useless to Gen X like me.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
I dunno, @rusty. Self preservation is pretty strong for most people. I used to say I wouldn't want to live til 65, but I,m 71 now and I'm NOT looking to check out yet!!! It all depends on quality of life, in my opinion, plus leaving all this stuff I have to the kids to clean up. KARMA is a bitch!!!!!

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Gas mileage sucks.

And reminiscing about the price of gas sucks. I'm overjoyed I recently filled up on premium at $1.90/gallon. Then I remembered my 401k/IRA is down about $165,000 from 6 months ago. That really sucks!

Paper losses unless you are about ready to pull from it, or already are.

If you are, why are you so heavily in stocks or other volatile investments?
:think:

Watched the same scenario in '08 to '09 with mine - not as much dollars lost, but percentage wise it was a mess.

But, it came back.:)

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
After ALL my kid's crap I've had to clean up, That's the Karma part. I'm sure there are other Dads on here that would agree!
Yep there is lots of stuff to clean up with kids. Toys, toys, messes, spilled drinks, food, literally crap, wet bathroom floors. I could go on. Haha

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
well they got those Hondas and everything now days.
Well I was looking at this old thread bumped the phone,quoted rusty by accident and brought this dead thread back. Sorry.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06