Whats you gas mileage on your squarebody truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Yeah, wait till you've been on here for a while and when this keeps being brought up again and again I think you might change your mind. Lol

If you buy a square body truck and expect good gas mileage you're a fool. I went from a wee 05 to a BBC 454 and gas mileage never came into the decision. Just torque and horsepower is all that matters. Lol

No I bought a square body because they are tough work trucks and I'm a cheap ass. So I don't care about torque or horsepower beyond having enough to move a load, and I want the best mileage the old truck can give me within reason, because I'm cheap!

No, I want to hear about 21, 22 and 23 mpg out of old gas sucking V8 trucks.....lol.

My only comment is my dad used to say. Most men lie about 3 things...
The size of the fish they caught.
The mpgs of their truck....and
The size of their ____!
I've said this before, I genuinely enjoy comparing gas mileage, if you don't why come to this thread? Just to rain on everyone that does? Is that really necessary?

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
No I bought a square body because they are tough work trucks and I'm a cheap ass. So I don't care about torque or horsepower beyond having enough to move a load, and I want the best mileage the old truck can give me within reason, because I'm cheap!

I've said this before, I genuinely enjoy comparing gas mileage, if you don't why come to this thread? Just to rain on everyone that does? Is that really necessary?

My opinion if you want mpg from a square body work truck do a 6.2d swap its bolt in, plug and play.I bought a g30 for 600bucks with a 6.2 and a 4l80 drove it home 150 miles getting better than 20mpg it's the donor for my truck so I can afford to use my truck on long drives pulling a trailer.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Like you I'll use MMO in engine oil when it needs a little extra cleaning, I'm pretty good about changing the oil so basically that means only when I've bought a used vehicle. I'll have to try MMO in the gas on the next few tanks and see if I notice anything.

One thing I promise will boost the mileage a bit - typically the next fillup- is Red Line SI- 1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner.

Pricey, though - like 25 bux a 15 ounce bottle.

The old bottles had gallon marks to show how much to use. I saved one.:)

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Like you I'll use MMO in engine oil when it needs a little extra cleaning, I'm pretty good about changing the oil so basically that means only when I've bought a used vehicle. I'll have to try MMO in the gas on the next few tanks and see if I notice anything.
It can clean off nasty intake valve deposits. But to really clean out one good. Use some B12 chemtool or seafoam and "feed it the onions" as Derick on vice Grip garage says as you pour it down the throat of the carb .

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So let's say it was an even 120 to fill up my tank, and let's say it was an even 40 gallons. Because I recall to the best of my knowledge, from maybe 3 years ago, it was maybe 120$ to fill up the tank.

That's 3.00$ per gallon.

And let's say it took an exact even 30$ to fill it back up when I went to return home.

In that 200 miles I traveled to get to SC PLUS the additional maybe say, 30 miles I travelled during that week, that gives me a total of 230 miles travelled since I filled up back home in NC.

With that exact 30$ I spent to fill back up before my departure home, that would've given me 10 gallons of gas, assuming SC gas was the same price as NC gas.

That comes up to about 23 MPG

At the time and place, with better recalled numbers on how much I spent, how much gas was, I came up with something probably like 22 MPG, maybe.

The majority of the trip to the beach is spent on a LONG LONG highway, running like, 65 or 75 mph
Our gas is about $0.20/gallon cheaper than yours, or at least it use to be. Everyone gets it when there was in SC that lives near the border to save a little extra.

And what is it about Myrtle Beach that everyone loves ? I grew up less than two hours from there on the coast of SC. I can count on one hand the times I have been there! I seriously see no reason why people go there!!??:33:

Myrtle Beach is a Sh#+ Hole gang infested place. Not trying to start a fight over this place I just really don't get it?

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
far beyond hideous.

You must be registered for see images attach
How do you sit in the thing? Who would chop 4''s out of a mini trucks top? I think I would have to lean my head to the side to drive it. Unless they chopped all the seat bracketry off and it's like sitting on the floor.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Our gas is about $0.20/gallon cheaper than yours, or at least it use to be. Everyone gets it when there was in SC that lives near the border to save a little extra.

And what is it about Myrtle Beach that everyone loves ? I grew up less than two hours from there on the coast of SC. I can count on one hand the times I have been there! I seriously see no reason why people go there!!??:33:

Myrtle Beach is a Sh#+ Hole gang infested place. Not trying to start a fight over this place I just really don't get it?

NORTH myrtle Beach is where it's at.
No ********, ghetto, white trash, slutbag vacationers lol.

That's where we go every year.
Like cherry Grove. Far more family oriented beach.

Cherry Grove (North myrtle Beach) generally is just regular people, decency. Not nearly as bad as THAT wretched myrtle Beach you speak of

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
How do you sit in the thing? Who would chop 4''s out of a mini trucks top? I think I would have to lean my head to the side to drive it. Unless they chopped all the seat bracketry off and it's like sitting on the floor.

Yeah, because we all love feeling pebbles ping your ass while you're in a CAR

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

Just let this thread die please!

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised it's still going. Seems kind of contradictory that so many want to modify V-8 engines whether small or big block, and then moan and groan because they don't get the same MPG as a moped. Hmmm...... I wonder if the fabulous aerodynamics ( same as a cinder block) might have something to do with it? Just a thought! I myself purposely built a High Performance 468 Big Block for my cinder block so I could fill up both 20 gallon saddle tanks and never have to buy gas again! Anybody note a hint of sarcasm??? lol :cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charkmapman