What type of gas do run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84 Chevy Kyle

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What type of gas do you run?

My newly acquired 84 K10 is my first carbureted engine. The truck has a Holley 650 carb on the 350. I live in southern WI so we get the E10 gasoline crap. The truck isn't a daily driver, it probably gets out of the garage once or twice a week.

The first time I filled it up I took a little drive (about 15 miles one way) to get ethanol free premium. Kinda pricey when you figure in the gas I spent to get there. My thought was it was worth it since that gas will probably sit in the tanks for better than a month.

What do you guys run in your trucks that sit for a while? Should the cold weather affect my decision of what I fill up with?

Last edited:

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Id just run 87 unless ots a race motor if you drive it once a week shouldnt habe to worry bout fuel going bad extensive sittting you may wamt to run some seafoam or whatever your prefrence stabilizer

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I buy premium for both of my trucks just because it is the only option to have ethanol free fuel.
On the Silverado I have a fuel log where I make notes on gas mileage, if I was towing, and if it was ethanol free or not. I lose 2 mpg when using ethanol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan87r10