What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
An ingenious pivoting work/welding table made from a bowling ball, brake rotors, a bottle jack and some scrap metal!
You must be registered for see images attach
would work great for ccing heads

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
An ingenious pivoting work/welding table made from a bowling ball, brake rotors, a bottle jack and some scrap metal!
I'm not a welder, but damn that is pretty slick

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Got a magnet mount drill. 100.00 bucks. I have needed one a couple of times.

Attachments

• 20231110_103408.jpg
    20231110_103408.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 23

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Ok, where are you finding these deals? I want in, lol.
I said were I was getting these deals a few posts ago. One of the ladies that my wife helps at the bank she is a loan officer at, is wanting to move back to Michigan. Her husband passed a couple of years ago, and she is wanting to sell off everything before she moves next summer. I've been helping her out doing little odd jobs for her... heavy lifting that type stuff when I have the time. He had a bunch of concrete working stuff, woodworking stuff, and just stuff like that. I've been able to pick what I want before she puts it on FB market to get rid of the rest. She have a few more things I want that she is saving for me.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I said were I was getting these deals a few posts ago. One of the ladies that my wife helps at the bank she is a loan officer at, is wanting to move back to Michigan. Her husband passed a couple of years ago, and she is wanting to sell off everything before she moves next summer. I've been helping her out doing little odd jobs for her... heavy lifting that type stuff when I have the time. He had a bunch of concrete working stuff, woodworking stuff, and just stuff like that. I've been able to pick what I want before she puts it on FB market to get rid of the rest. She have a few more things I want that she is saving for me.

Ahh... I thought you picked her clean of the good stuff the first time, lol.

In all seriousness, she sounds like a real nice lady.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
my favorite tool got even better. Needed a angle drill. Dewalt came through again.

some of the accessories that work really well with this attachment.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Is that aluminum oxide? I've not used that, yet. Glass beads, soda and walnut shells. What I see in your pix is usually par for the course. I can never get a steady flow either and I'm using 90 psi with gravity feed.
use fine coal from tractor supply and try again!

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Not sure if this counts as a tool, but still messing with my air compressor plumbing. Trying to create a perfectly dry/clean air side from an air manifold for painting. Have a trans cooler to use for an aftercooler, then will go through a water separator, then into the tank, then to a manifold that one side exits to a copper pipe setup with ball valves to catch the little moisture the trans cooler doesn't get. After that, it goes to another water separator - oil/dirt filter - desiccant setup before hitting the gun. Buddy that has painted for 40yrs thinks it will be perfect. Dunno.

Well, just got the 1" copper pipes sweated. Used a scotch brite to make 'em purtee. Shouldn't be any leaks, but until Spring when I can test it, I will pace. (fwiw.....that 2 position breaker box is disappearing for a full size sub panel on the other side of the garage).

Then to top it off, I went to a lumber outlet where they were having an anniversary sale. Picked up 100ft of 3/8" Parker Industrial (made in USA) air hose for $26.50 out the door. :hat:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Not sure if this counts as a tool, but still messing with my air compressor plumbing. Trying to create a perfectly dry/clean air side from an air manifold for painting. Have a trans cooler to use for an aftercooler, then will go through a water separator, then into the tank, then to a manifold that one side exits to a copper pipe setup with ball valves to catch the little moisture the trans cooler doesn't get. After that, it goes to another water separator - oil/dirt filter - desiccant setup before hitting the gun. Buddy that has painted for 40yrs thinks it will be perfect. Dunno.

Well, just got the 1" copper pipes sweated. Used a scotch brite to make 'em purtee. Shouldn't be any leaks, but until Spring when I can test it, I will pace. (fwiw.....that 2 position breaker box is disappearing for a full size sub panel on the other side of the garage).

Then to top it off, I went to a lumber outlet where they were having an anniversary sale. Picked up 100ft of 3/8" Parker Industrial (made in USA) air hose for $26.50 out the door. :hat:
I need to do some reading on this. I have noticed my air has quite of bit water in it. I drain my tank after every use. I have water separators and still getting a little water at the tool.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I need to do some reading on this. I have noticed my air has quite of bit water in it. I drain my tank after every use. I have water separators and still getting a little water at the tool.
Look up Derale 15300. Its a 16 row trans cooler that has more links to air compressors than transmissions. lol There are a bazilion videos on YT showing it and the results. Most say 90-95% of the water is removed. A couple use a digital thermal reader - air coming out of the pump and going into the cooler is 280-300F. Air coming out is 72-80F. Have seen setups with small fans on top of the cooler - helped some but not enough for me to use it. Where my cooler will sit is right in front of the large "fan blades" from the pump pulley. I figure that cooling / water separating it before the tank is even better as it spares the tank in the long run.

There's also several that rely on just the copper like I did, with a separator at the tool or bench, and they like it fine. I'm doing both (plus a desiccant) just for shear overkill. It has been decades since I painted so I dont need any outside factors complicating it anymore than it will be. :hat:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynhigh88