What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yes. It replaces a pickle fork with a press. Try to keep up.

P.S. A pickle fork is a ball joint separator.
I don’t use a pickle fork much. They screw up the rubber on tie rods and stuff in my experience. This should solve that and keep you from having to use my method of the pry bar and hammer shock until it flys apart. I thought about getting one of these but worried about the quality. Let me know how it works and holds up.

Edit to tag the right poster - doh - :doh2:@WP29P4A

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Yes. It replaces a pickle fork with a press. Try to keep up.

P.S. A pickle fork is a ball joint separator.
Yea, I'm dragging on along as usual. Thanks for the P.S. had never heard a ball joint separator called a pickle fork?

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
I don’t use a pickle fork much. They screw up the rubber on tie rods and stuff in my experience. This should solve that and keep you from having to use my method of the pry bar and hammer shock until it flys apart. I thought about getting one of these but worried about the quality. Let me know how it works and holds up.

Edit to tag the right poster - doh - :doh2:@WP29P4A
It works great, I have been using it for 10 years. Second best present I got from the new guy who took over payments on the ex-wife. You just slip it into place and tighten it up until it pops lose. Unlike a pickle fork, you don't have to put down your beer to use it.

I had to do some minor grinding on tool to help it fit better on my 1974 Dodge Charger, worked great on my 2004 Astro van, used it it on my Ford Sploder too.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Huh, never seen that before. I have a pickle fork in an air hammer, works like a charm lol
I can picture that working quite well, is it store bought or home made? One of the advantages to the little press or what ever it is called is that it seperates the parts without damage. Makes quite the bang when lets lose.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Yea, I'm dragging on along as usual. Thanks for the P.S. had never heard a ball joint separator called a pickle fork?
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what I think of as pickle fork

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I can picture that working quite well, is it store bought or home made? One of the advantages to the little press or what ever it is called is that it seperates the parts without damage. Makes quite the bang when lets lose.
My dad gave it to me, it’s an old Matco deal, it’s made that way. It’s got this little spring thing that retains the pickle fork in the tool. It works really well most of the time unless you have a really stubborn BJ. I’ll try to remember to get a picture of it sometime

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Some people call them a tuning fork. Doesn't make sense to me, but they do.
Because a good one will work just like a tuning fork. Hold it by the very end, bang one tine on the ground, it will sing out a nice low note!

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Picked up a couple of oil filter sockets. While the '77 C10 is easy to do, the '01 Jeep and '13 Dart are not. Now they'll be a piece of cake.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Some people call them a tuning fork. Doesn't make sense to me, but they do.
if someone says tuning fork to me then I am assuming they use it for interesting personal time activities and giving them a weird stare
Doesnt make sense,j ust like calling an M2 hand grenade a percussion instrument

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I use a tuning fork welding tip when replacing heat pump reversing valves. Love it.

It's not too often that I can honestly say that I've never seen something before. I have to admit that this is a new one for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84