What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
You must be registered for see images attach

harbor freight had a sale and i said fine ill get a vac and low pressure fuel gauge. yayyy

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Sometimes the price doesn't HAVE to be too right??!!!
Well, they do stack! Have 3 of them now, 2 Airco Bumblee Bees and now this Miller, they are the exact same machines. Know if I run into any others in the 400 dollar - range I'll snag them.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Granted, this is some easy welding. But the reason I will keep buying them. 5/32 7018, it loves them.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Picked up this beast for $125. Blackhawk S4 4 ton, believe this model was the "big boy", from what I've found it was made in the 40's maybe 50's. Has an adjustable handle.

Only thing wrong with it is the rear caster, one of them snapped off, and it's not the typical bolt through style. I forgot to get pics of the casters, I'll get some, but it's unique. I found a set on eBay, a little pricey, hopefully I can talk him down, and not pay more for them than I did for the whole jack. Of course theres no parts available really, I think there are seals kits though.

Before I gave it some love, the main shaft was turning with the arm instead of the arm turning on the main shaft, it wasn't very smooth, and the jack was acting irregular.

I got some grease in the main hinge and jacked up and down bunch, tightened up the nuts as they were loose, and lubed all the moving parts. And just like that it works perfect. Takes 6 pumps to go 100% vertical. Everything is relatively tight for an almost 80 year old jack.

It has a super cool feature, it has a light mounted on it? I've never even thought it would be a thing lol, still don't know how the light works or is powered. The lens is beat up but intact. Also a key slot in the release knob? Best I've found is that it locks the knob so no one can release it.

I know some people think people like me are crazy when I say this thing is beatiful, and beats the new stuff any day. I know some of you are right along with me too lol.

Im gonna get it cleaned up and running, put it to work, then someday I'll make it pretty and keep putting it to work.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
It was time to get organized in the temp body shop. So I built this new tool for storage and work space.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force

get em while you can for $45 at tractor supply. Got 4 sets for the boys for xmas. Gear Wrench.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
It was time to get organized in the temp body shop. So I built this new tool for storage and work space.
I have looked at that kit more than once, but have never pulled the trigger.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Well Harbor Frieght guys I've got a number of the Bauer cordless tools. I started with just the drill and the impact driver when they first come out 3 years ago, and now I've got somewhere around 10 of their units. The stock battery is the 1.5 MA unit, and that's what I've got. On bigger projects I've often had to switch them out a few times, but they charge in about 1/2 an hour and of course I have multiple chargers. But now that I've had this stuff a while some of the older batteries are getting weak. So this week I bought 2 of the 3.0MA batteries and I think I'm might be getting one or two of the 5.0MA's for Christmas. I had to do some heavy long 1" holes in wood boards on the farm today and got out the 3.0 and for course the battery lasted longer, but also seemed like the drill had more power overall. My only complaint is the added weight, not so much on the drill, but on the driver makes it feel a little out of balance in the hand, but I'm sure that I'll get use to that.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Well Harbor Frieght guys I've got a number of the Bauer cordless tools. I started with just the drill and the impact driver when they first come out 3 years ago, and now I've got somewhere around 10 of their units. The stock battery is the 1.5 MA unit, and that's what I've got. On bigger projects I've often had to switch them out a few times, but they charge in about 1/2 an hour and of course I have multiple chargers. But now that I've had this stuff a while some of the older batteries are getting weak. So this week I bought 2 of the 3.0MA batteries and I think I'm might be getting one or two of the 5.0MA's for Christmas. I had to do some heavy long 1" holes in wood boards on the farm today and got out the 3.0 and for course the battery lasted longer, but also seemed like the drill had more power overall. My only complaint is the added weight, not so much on the drill, but on the driver makes it feel a little out of balance in the hand, but I'm sure that I'll get use to that.
I just recently got a full set of the bauer cordless. Drill, impact driver, 3/8 impact, 1/2 impact, and grinder. Got 2- 1.5 amp, 2- 3 amp, and 1- 5 amp. No complaints so far. Put both impacts threw a full day at the junkyard and working in cars, and just today put the screw gun threw hell. Went all day putting in screws on one battery.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I just recently got a full set of the bauer cordless. Drill, impact driver, 3/8 impact, 1/2 impact, and grinder. Got 2- 1.5 amp, 2- 3 amp, and 1- 5 amp. No complaints so far. Put both impacts threw a full day at the junkyard and working in cars, and just today put the screw gun threw hell. Went all day putting in screws on one battery.
Cool they are durable. When I started buying the Bauer stuff, I had previously had an old 14.4 Craftsman set of cordless stuff, that had slowly died. Since Craftsmans rep isn't what it use to be and cost to much now, I felt I took the chance buying the then newly out Bauer stuff. I'll tell you I've tested it that's for sure. My driver, drill, impact drill, various saws and grinder all stay at the farm. They have been dropped, used in the rain, run hard, set down in the mud and literally put away wet in an unheated barn and I have not had a single issue with any of them. Other than some of the batteries getting weak. I think part of that is the 1.5 batteries don't have much reserve to begin with for heavy use. Now I'm looking at possibly getting the chainsaw. Yea, yea I know a real chainsaw is gas powered, I've got one and run it plenty cutting up enough wood for the winter, but I'll tell you there are times I just wanna cut a limb or two and light weight coreless unit sounds great.

Back before Bauer came out with the 1/2 & 3/8 coreless impacts I bought those two tools from Harbor Frieght, in the Earthquake brand. They come with 4 amp battery, both of those have been great BTW, but if I had to replace them I'd get the Bauer for battery interchangeability.

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Cool they are durable. When I started buying the Bauer stuff, I had previously had an old 14.4 Craftsman set of cordless stuff, that had slowly died. Since Craftsmans rep isn't what it use to be and cost to much now, I felt I took the chance buying the then newly out Bauer stuff. I'll tell you I've tested it that's for sure. My driver, drill, impact drill, various saws and grinder all stay at the farm. They have been dropped, used in the rain, run hard, set down in the mud and literally put away wet in an unheated barn and I have not had a single issue with any of them. Other than some of the batteries getting weak. I think part of that is the 1.5 batteries don't have much reserve to begin with for heavy use. Now I'm looking at possibly getting the chainsaw. Yea, yea I know a real chainsaw is gas powered, I've got one and run it plenty cutting up enough wood for the winter, but I'll tell you there are times I just wanna cut a limb or two and light weight coreless unit sounds great.

Back before Bauer came out with the 1/2 & 3/8 coreless impacts I bought those two tools from Harbor Frieght, in the Earthquake brand. They come with 4 amp battery, both of those have been great BTW, but if I had to replace them I'd get the Bauer for battery interchangeability.
Have to admit I've not heard a bad review of Bauer. Couple weeks ago bought their 7 inch grinder, it looks and feels identical to a Ridgid. It is plenty stout and a lot lighter and over 200 bucks cheaper than the Makita(which is a 9 inch grinder, so there is that) Way I understand it Bauer, Ridgid and Milwalkie is all owned by the same parent company. Sure they are all made in the same plant somewhere.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Have to admit I've not heard a bad review of Bauer. Couple weeks ago bought their 7 inch grinder, it looks and feels identical to a Ridgid. It is plenty stout and a lot lighter and over 200 bucks cheaper than the Makita(which is a 9 inch grinder, so there is that) Way I understand it Bauer, Ridgid and Milwalkie is all owned by the same parent company. Sure they are all made in the same plant somewhere.
There is a youtube video where the guy doesn't have any concrete evidence, but he points out how some of the Bauer tools appear to be carbon copies of other brands.

One of his comments involves these https://www.truevalue.com/shop/tools/master-mechanic/power-tools Take a look at some of the tool pictures, ignore that they are charging a lot more than HF, but the tools do look the same. I'm yet to go into a true value to look at them. Most of the T.V. Hardware stores have converted to ACE here or closed around here.

te.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL