What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Not squarebody related (unless you count the squarebody trailer I use for my firewood), but a tool just the same.
You must be registered for see images attach

Picked up a bunch of rejected logs from a post mill and my old saw (also a Farm Boss) finally gave up (after only 20 years or so of use ☹️). Been cutting and splitting all week.

Still have some more to pick up, and a lot to cut and split as you can see.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I picked up a new to me toolbox since I had outgrown my old craftsman stack.

what ya gonna do with that old wore out stack? :)

John Nes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1987, 1979, 1973
Truck Model
R10, Sierra, C20
Engine Size
5.7 350tbi , 5.7 350, 5.7 350
Been on a tool bender lately n should prob chill….but got a ridgid 1/2” impact and the smaller driver, 1/2” dr snap on sae n metric shallow impact sockets with some snap on 1/2” impact extensions, snap on 26 piece 1/4” drive sae 6 point deep and shallow sockets set, the big 1/2” dr flexhead snap on ratchet, snap on soft handle 1/4” global ratchet n extensions, and a 12pc snap on metric n sae line wrench set.
Yikes lol, but I did get a pretty sharp snap on coat, beanie and socks for “free”

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
what ya gonna do with that old wore out stack? :)
2/3 of it is riding the new box. The part with wheels is going to be a tool cart if I can manage it.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
2/3 of it is riding the new box. The part with wheels is going to be a tool cart if I can manage it.

I had a little Craftsman stack, a fairly decent sized Craftsman stack and an old Snap-On bottom box. They were all packed pretty well full and it was to the point that I had to be careful opening the overloaded drawers on the Craftsman units. So I bought a used Snap-On box like yours a while back and I'm just now getting it set up in the garage.

The new-to-me box is going where my little Craftsman stack used to be.

The Craftsman stack got relocated to over near my work bench. It can live the easy life, just holding the basic tools that come in handy at the work bench. Although I think the tracks in the bottom two drawers are pretty much done for.

Today I also bought a pair of extra-long air hammer bits that I have wanted for years.

I also finally bought a coil spring compressor set. Doing it the "not recommended" way has always worked for me, but I figured that I could afford to play it safe from now on.

Not very exciting, but I also got a new little butane torch. The valve failed on my old one.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I had a little Craftsman stack, a fairly decent sized Craftsman stack and an old Snap-On bottom box. They were all packed pretty well full and it was to the point that I had to be careful opening the overloaded drawers on the Craftsman units. So I bought a used Snap-On box like yours a while back and I'm just now getting it set up in the garage.

The Craftsman stack got relocated to over near my work bench. It can live the easy life, just holding the basic tools that come in handy at the work bench. Although I think the tracks in the bottom two drawers are pretty much done for.

Today I also bought a pair of extra-long air hammer bits that I have wanted for years.

I also finally bought a coil spring compressor set. Doing it the "not recommended" way has always worked for me, but I figured that I could afford to play it safe from now on.

Not very exciting, but I also got a new little butane torch. The valve failed on my old one.
I have, well, had that exact torch but the base was longer, a very very nice one. does yours have the soldering little chimney to put on, and does it have the small heat shrinking hammock thing that puts the heat down a longer narrow stretch? Is wonders for doing heat shrinking anywhere It would be cumbersome for a heat gun, for example, and frankly, a lot of situations ANYWAY lol. Nice unit. mine fell face first from 5 feet onto concrete and it must have broke the ceramic or the gasline because the fire will start and work but then another fire or two will start a small ways back and then the plastics immediately start melting and then the valve dont turn off all the way and then you have to lay it to rest :(

oh and none of the dumb 6th level of safety switches...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I have, well, had that exact torch but the base was longer, a very very nice one. does yours have the soldering little chimney to put on, and does it have the small heat shrinking hammock thing that puts the heat down a longer narrow stretch? Is wonders for doing heat shrinking anywhere It would be cumbersome for a heat gun, for example, and frankly, a lot of situations ANYWAY lol. Nice unit. mine fell face first from 5 feet onto concrete and it must have broke the ceramic or the gasline because the fire will start and work but then another fire or two will start a small ways back and then the plastics immediately start melting and then the valve dont turn off all the way and then you have to lay it to rest :(

oh and none of the dumb 6th level of safety switches...

Nope, what you see is what I got. I'll really only ever use it for heat shrink tubing and also the heat shrink type butt connectors. It's a little more precise than the mapp gas torch.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Nope, what you see is what I got. I'll really only ever use it for heat shrink tubing and also the heat shrink type butt connectors. It's a little more precise than the mapp gas torch.
oh jesus. They sell that torch with a solder tip and they make a little cool furnace to put on that is for tube but it just makes it less pin point and more like a toothpick long and consistent heat source to run along tubing. Ima seee if i can find it quick I wanted to order another but kept forgetting.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

Sounds pretty much like my story :D

The long air hammer bits raised my eyebrow. What kind of air hammer do you have? I picked one up at harbor freight and that thing doesn’t do anything but make noise. Just curious what works so I can throw this pos in the bin

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350

The long air hammer bits raised my eyebrow. What kind of air hammer do you have? I picked one up at harbor freight and that thing doesn’t do anything but make noise. Just curious what works so I can throw this pos in the bin
Is your air compressor up to the task? I like my ingersol rand stuff. Die grinders, cut off tools, air saws, air hammers

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

I don't recall the model number, but it's one of the top dog Snap Ons that I bought at least 10 years ago. It's done some impressive things over the years. These days, I'm guessing there are similarly capable brands for less money.

*edit* It's this one:

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
few M18 Fuel Milwaukee power tool! :)
big bertha the impact, chainsaw, and screw gun but with chainsaw battery(usually on big bertha impact :O) because I only had 1 battery with a charge. in my trucks toolbox. quite the assortment lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey