What is this???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

philjafo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20 scottsdale
Engine Size
350/sm465/np205/d44/corp14
does your torque converter lock up when in top gear cruising on the hwy? it can be hard to tell without a tach, but the tc lock up will drop engine rpm 2-300. helps the transmission run cooler to. I've got no idea if its timed or manifold vac for that switch either and the muid 80's can be a mess of vac lines but there should be a good diagram somewhere on the net or a factory service manual might have it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So how is the motor grounded to the body in other ways??? Even if you have solid motor mounts instead of rubber, that's a motor to frame ground. The Cab is mounted to the frame on rubber or poly bushings. The motor is grounded to the battery via negative battery terminal, but probably not to the frame or body.

Meyster89

Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I just put a tach in. Running about 2200 rpm at 60. Still trying to find out the whole wiring deal with this truck and how its exactly set up. I need to get all the headlights, turns to work but it's been raining lately so I've been stuck inside spending time working on the Cafe Racer.

Meyster89

Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Also, I keep hearing that there is a bus bar ground under the dash? where the heck is this thing???? Neither one of my power windows will go down, and I would really like to track down all possible options as to why.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Also, I keep hearing that there is a bus bar ground under the dash? where the heck is this thing???? Neither one of my power windows will go down, and I would really like to track down all possible options as to why.

The bus bar ground is in the left side kick panel into the sheet metal itself, like just below the driver side AC dash vent. Kinda pretty close to the upper driver door hinge. Not real hard to see once you know it's there. You'll notice the obvious spades hanging off of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taco main chew