What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Girth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Garth
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Its Blue!!
It's all sorts of blue. lol Not may favorite interior color, but at least it's not RED. I can't stand red interior.

I wasn't too picky on the seat, just wanted it clean, and not all tore up. Very 90s fabric though.... which is fitting, since he had the material on hand to do a 90s S10 I think. For $600 bucks though, I'm pretty happy with the upholstery. He tacked a carpet panel onto the seat back too, to make it a bit more wear resistant from stuff banging around behind the seat.

Bought it for my new Daily, a steal at $2500..... but at this rate, I'm gonna have another $2500 into it right quick.

Attachments

• IMG_2906.jpg
    IMG_2906.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 28

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Installed my new JET performance EPROM today, and honestly, I can't tell the difference! I also re-spliced the connector on my oil sending unit as it was hanging on by only a few strands. I did NOT stabilize my pressure reading, and I had changed the sending unit last summer. Thursday I changed my temp sensor & O2 sensor. That did make it idle & run smoother.

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
It's all sorts of blue. lol Not may favorite interior color, but at least it's not RED. I can't stand red interior.

I wasn't too picky on the seat, just wanted it clean, and not all tore up. Very 90s fabric though.... which is fitting, since he had the material on hand to do a 90s S10 I think. For $600 bucks though, I'm pretty happy with the upholstery. He tacked a carpet panel onto the seat back too, to make it a bit more wear resistant from stuff banging around behind the seat.

Bought it for my new Daily, a steal at $2500..... but at this rate, I'm gonna have another $2500 into it right quick.
That is a steal, looks clean!

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size

Looks great! Our '84 Burb was that color combo, with the blue velour interior. Bought it in '92 for $4000, drove it all over for 13 years, Dad and I went through it from bumper to bumper, and it got stolen in 2005.

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Looking in the mirror and admitting I'm just plain worn out is hard.
I resemble that remark...

There are times when I wonder why I have all these projects, and wish I could drop them. Then I convince myself to forge on and get one done. Of course by the time that one gets done I always seem to have another project waiting. And each project takes longer than the last.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Been thinking on whether or not to sell my wrecked K5.
One of my Bros and I picked up a 79 chassis. Crustier than I like, but solid.
It whupped both of our be-hinds just getting it to my house.
I have to face up that I'm old and just can't do this stuff anymore.
I feel it will appeal to a young pup type who wants to build it his way and to the purist, as it's all numbers matching still.
If I can get 6 or 7k with the extra chassis, I'll be o.k., when added with what the insurance gave me to repair it.

There is no dishonor in knowing your limits

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Fired her up yesterday and did some basic fluid checks. Had a slight leak from the upper radiator hose so I tightened that clamp.

She served me well during the freeze last week so a little PM was a fair return.
:)

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I installed this wilwood d52 twin piston caliper kit this weekend. Stops so much better, definitely worth the money and they look cool.
Rotors are from summit racing.
You must be registered for see images attach
@R Carnella I think we have the same wheels. Ultra Motorsports? Looks good!

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Been thinking on whether or not to sell my wrecked K5.
One of my Bros and I picked up a 79 chassis. Crustier than I like, but solid.
It whupped both of our be-hinds just getting it to my house.
I have to face up that I'm old and just can't do this stuff anymore.
I feel it will appeal to a young pup type who wants to build it his way and to the purist, as it's all numbers matching still.
If I can get 6 or 7k with the extra chassis, I'll be o.k., when added with what the insurance gave me to repair it.

@Big Ray you could get way more than that! But don't sell it!

Last edited:

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Finally got the battery tray in. Cold weather and busy kids side lined me for a couple weeks.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Had to omit the bottom foot bolt on the new install. The old bolt was so rusted and would not come out with PB Blaster and vice grip combo. It had the wierd square washer that just froze with rust. Eventually I accidentally ended up pulling it through the wheel well, oops. New tray in. I had fun letting it idle in the driveway while I cleaned up and reset the radio stations.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ta1nt3d