What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
The oil bath air cleaners are an odd choice for a tunnel ram, but you do you! I like it.
I'm kinda odd too!! I thought previous maybe WWII army helmets modified, or mended 55 Caddy air cleaners into an oval, and then Flathead oil baths came to mind when I was chatting with my dad and he was going through his Flathead stuff, we've got a bunch and I thought it would be odd, and very different!

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Got
You must be registered for see images attach
my new battery tray in today. Probably will have to carve in some time tomorrow afternoon otherwise it will be Tuesday before I can get the old rotten one out.

Last edited:

87gmcburb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic Suburban
I've seen this thread on several other forums and it's usually a good one and is good for posting up those little things that may not really belong in a build thread but just to make mention of :D

Lately I've driven her a little bit (she loves the heat!). I'm getting ready to do some little things to her pretty soon, though. The comp/temp mirror mod should be accomplished in the next week or so. I've also got a couple of small custom touches in mind but those will remain a secret for now :secret: Should turn out looking nice, though :)
One of the small mods I did on my last burb, was using a hinged rear license plate holder from a 71 Chevelle. I put my 7 way trailer socket behind it so it hidden while not in use. You need to keep the plate down while in use but I never had an issue with it before. I have one from an late 60's caddy that I pulled this summer so I think I will be adding this to my current burb soon. I will post a pic whenever I get around to doing it.

87gmcburb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic Suburban
I've seen this thread on several other forums and it's usually a good one and is good for posting up those little things that may not really belong in a build thread but just to make mention of :D

Lately I've driven her a little bit (she loves the heat!). I'm getting ready to do some little things to her pretty soon, though. The comp/temp mirror mod should be accomplished in the next week or so. I've also got a couple of small custom touches in mind but those will remain a secret for now :secret: Should turn out looking nice, though :)
As you can tell I have quite a few little mods I have done over the years. On my current 87 burb, I took out the crappy plastic filler panel that covers the gap between the rear bumper and the body. I went to a sheet metal shop and had them bend me a piece of 14 GA. brushed stainless steel. Just a drilled a few oblong holes, rounded the ends and added a slight downward bend on the ends it fit right under the bumper. After a bit I added some self stick 3M foam to the edge under the bumper to take out the slight rattle when driving. Sorry, dont have any pics of this one handy

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
I've got my body swap well underway. The cab for my M37 is ready to go to the professional welder to make sure it's solid and safe. Monday evening I'm hoping to start fitting it on the Chevy frame.

Chuckd84

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K20
Engine Size
Finshed the plumbing of all the new fuel injection lines and made a custom heat shield for the connections at the drivers side tank. Saldy after testing for leaks i found my driver side pump is no count. Looks like ill be going backwards again. Good times!

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Finshed the plumbing of all the new fuel injection lines and made a custom heat shield for the connections at the drivers side tank. Saldy after testing for leaks i found my driver side pump is no count. Looks like ill be going backwards again. Good times!
Good luck Chuck!

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Thanks man. And you know i just filled that tank up before the surgery started ! Lol
Electric fuel pumps never die on a low or empty tank....the in tank unit on my OBS Burb quit when I had just filled it up. That's 42 gallons of gas to go somewhere else. Only had enough buckets to get 25 gallons out; that sumbitch was heavy enough it took two people and two floor jacks to move it in and out of the confined space it fits in, between rear axle and bumper/trailer hitch.

Chuckd84

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K20
Engine Size
Electric fuel pumps never die on a low or empty tank....the in tank unit on my OBS Burb quit when I had just filled it up. That's 42 gallons of gas to go somewhere else. Only had enough buckets to get 25 gallons out; that sumbitch was heavy enough it took two people and two floor jacks to move it in and out of the confined space it fits in, between rear axle and bumper/trailer hitch.
I had the tank very low during the time i let the truck just sit the last few years. I was too dumb to verify the pump worked on that side and filled it up, then checked. I deserve the struggle this time.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
I have No doubt it was heavy! I've had to replace mine twice in our 99. I remember the first time having to pull it out and it was stuck! With 15 gallons in it still. Really tight place on those. There bigger than they look lol. I Wonder if a person could swap in a Tahoe tank and put the spare in its place?

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I have No doubt it was heavy! I've had to replace mine twice in our 99. I remember the first time having to pull it out and it was stuck! With 15 gallons in it still. Really tight place on those. There bigger than they look lol. I Wonder if a person could swap in a Tahoe tank and put the spare in its place?
Good question, I will have to ask on the 400 group. I personally like the extra range that tank gives, versus the newer SUVs that have the spare downstairs. I've personally had more trouble getting the spares down on the vehicles that had that mounting, than buying the extra gas.....
As long as you have a good jack and a charged up impact gun (or at least a good lug wrench!) the spare is accessible in the rear cargo area of the Burb (because I put things in front of it that can be easily moved without disturbing the rest of the load). But if you need that extra 100 miles of range from the extra 10-15 gallons in the tank(that you don't have because the tank ain't that big) you're kinda screwed.
The last couple of times we went to Lafayette, Louisiana, for a car show there, from Houston, Texas, we went in my Burb. 42 gallons tank vs. 31 gallons in the '06 Yukon XL Denali that we'd made the trip 3 times before. With the Denali we'd have to gas up before leaving Lafayette, to be sure we could get home. Or if not there, definitely before leaving LA. With the Burb, even towing a trailer, that extra 11 gallons would get us most of the way home. Gassed up in Beaumont or Baytown....I have a friend who used to have an '08 Yukon XL Denali, also with the 6.0; several friends from our model car club went to Lake Charles in it, pulling a heavy trailer, and we had to gas up on both legs of the trip. Of course he or his daughter was flogging the 6.0 for all it would do with the load and 5 of us in the truck, that did not help the mileage!

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Tuning- A few months ago I rebuilt the carb (on my 81 250) and removed the emission equipment that wasn't working. Now, with winter weather, it was really rough cold. Adjusted the choke and hooked up the carb preheat. Added about 10Degrees of ignition timing and wow! I'm not sure how it starts cold yet, but, it sure ran good with noticeably more mid range torque!

Drauka99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
6.0 LQ4
I started body work. I think I have my new to me tailgate done. Had several dents and dings on the face that I was able to repair. The top rail was petty beat up and I smoothed that area out as best I could. probably running a trim piece across the top anyway. Had some rust along the bottom I was able to patch from a donor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69