What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Decided to start messing with the rear heater in the burb. All the parts were in a box in the back with a destroyed housing. Looks like I'll be making my own box or surround for it. Hopefully something that's strong enough to not be broken again next time

Filled the core and it leaked.. bummer
Tested the fan and it works... win!

I found prices from $40 to $120 for that core, sheesh.

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
350 tbi
Crisp dry Fall weather means.......ROAD TRIP! Headed out for the Oyster Festival in Urbanna VA today, about an 8 hour round trip. Stopped tonight at a hotel, then tomorrow it will be all day at Urbanna parking cars before driving home. Our K9 Search and Rescue team manages a parking lot for the event, which is a major fund raiser for us.

Truck did fantastic, but I was distracted by the awesome new steering wheel, instrument bezel and clock! Told wife this the first time in years the truck would spend the night outside. Such a hot house flower. Bahahaha

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
New air filter and mice chewing on my lift pump wire just taped it up cause I'm going to run a new wire tomorrow second time they chewed on the same wire

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Swapped the stock steering wheel for an old one from a 77 Camaro I used to have to get a feel for a smaller wheel before I decide on something new.

You may find you like that one in there permanently. I put the same wheel in one of mine to get rid of the sticky stock wheel, it's still in there after 12 or 13 years.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
New air filter and mice chewing on my lift pump wire just taped it up cause I'm going to run a new wire tomorrow second time they chewed on the same wire
You need my cat! Thunder, he has trapped 3 ground squirrels his size so I can dispatch them and I have zero mice! He eats inside sleeps all day and goes out at night, no litter box!

yes that is a big dog bed, he doesn't care about any dog either!

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
You need my cat! Thunder, he has trapped 3 ground squirrels his size so I can dispatch them and I have zero mice! He eats inside sleeps all day and goes out at night, no litter box!

I use to have a cat like that his name was mayhem he was a wild mountain cat our cat now is no good hunter my chickens have done a pretty good job keeping the smaller ones at bay me and my German Shepherd hunted the rats to extinction here's a picture of him watching the yard

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve

Good cat! That's about the life my diesel cat lives,
Avid hunter

SK 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Took some pictures with it!

My beautiful fiancé @BN 99 wanted to get some engagement pics, and insisted that we include our vehicles (yeah, she's awesome). My sister-in-law (@bucket 's wife) just happens to be an excellent photographer, so it worked out really well. Here's a couple of them.....

We also got some pics with her LeBaron a few weeks ago....

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350

I have myself a "domesticated stray" that does just about the same thing. Best of both worlds haha

Magna86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Magna86
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Chevy 350
Dropped my truck off for state safety inspection and an alignment. Failed state inspection basically due to a worn suspension so no alignment was done. Priced the parts to rebuild/replace everything and its looking like $1400 for a stock rebuild! Can believe how expensive steering gears and leaf springs have gotten! Of course I have the 56" HD springs. I'll be doing lots of parts deal shopping on amazon/rockauto/ebay. Anyone know who offers free shipping on leaf springs? I'm getting quotes of $150 for shipping.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Dropped my truck off for state safety inspection and an alignment. Failed state inspection basically due to a worn suspension so no alignment was done. Priced the parts to rebuild/replace everything and its looking like $1400 for a stock rebuild! Can believe how expensive steering gears and leaf springs have gotten! Of course I have the 56" HD springs. I'll be doing lots of parts deal shopping on amazon/rockauto/ebay. Anyone know who offers free shipping on leaf springs? I'm getting quotes of $150 for shipping.
Summit will probably have a select amount of springs. But should have free shipping. It's a heavy awkward part, don't be too upset about the shipping.

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
For that kind of money you can go to a wrecking yard and get a set of good springs off a low milage truck.

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Yikes can't you just get replacement bushings unless the spring is somehow damaged

Magna86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Magna86
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Chevy 350
Springs are collapsed and the leaf insulators are missing. They are original with 150k on them like the rest of the suspension steering.

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Springs are collapsed and the leaf insulators are missing. They are original with 150k on them like the rest of the suspension steering.
I'm assuming it's 4x4 they have flat- negative arch to begin with couldn't imagine failing from isolation pads worn bushings would definitely cause issues I need to do mine got a set of poly just haven't tossed them in yet good time to consider a lift kit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taco main chew