What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Saw a chevy 350, disassembled, on craigslist for $205. I bought it. Due to go into Ralph (the white truck) in about 2 years. I'm looking at the budget to build and install it, as just a reliable motor, 250 HP originally. I'm thinking mostly stock, with a 4 bbl intake and an Edelbrock 1406, that I already have.
Anyone have parts or advice? Will need to do a manual 3spd to manual 4 speed change over, so I'm looking for a 4 speed manual tranny as a big item.
Anyone recommend a cam for this application? Intake? Heads?
RV cam and headers are the most bang for the buck. Sounds like you have everything else covered, IMO.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Put in a better cable/kickdown bracket, about 20 bucks off the jungle website. Does a really nice job. The old Mr. Gasket one was flexy so the kickdown point was extremely variable. While I was at it, put in a stud and nut on the distributor clamp, the old bolt was a little too short and kept loosening. Big improvement there too.
https://youtu.be/gXuPsyQrhlU?si=0I0fy69sHoKOMjLj
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Sorry more paint journey updates
Just moving along, turned out not bad for a first time painter I'm excited to get it put back together now
You must be registered for see images attach
Looks great!!!

chevytech87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size

Got the new motor set in, took me and two friends an embarrassing amount of time to get the motor mounts to line up. Now on to electrical and plumbing for the next few days, hoping it’ll make noise Saturday.

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
well ol' man winter has arrived and the 87 is in the carport for the winter . Spent the last couple days helping a new neighbor get a metal carport put up over his RV while he waits on his contractors to get his new building up. He's a Iraq vet ,disabled and he and his family are gonna winter in their RV till they can move in. tough living but we got it up and it will shed snow!! Next on the agenda is my old 530 CK case front axle repair.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Washed her up and put her in "the garage " the cover. It is supposed to be sunny and in the 70's for several days.the wheel wells are looking ashy. I need to wash and silk shine them, i think. Is that what i should clean them with? Most of the squares I see don't have the clearance and exposed wheel wells like mine, LOL. She made it down to Denton NC and back to the Richmond area in great fashion. Love this truck. If any of you guys can enlighten me on how to begin the patina phase in that would be awesome. The paint is great but the bad spots are popping up. Starting to be a 45/45 deal... Looks good 45 feet away and going 45 mph.

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I have massive respect for guys that do body work, it's one of the most time consuming, frustrating, yet rewarding things I've done. One step closer folks

DITTO, my dad did paint and bodywork most of his career, he worked 12 hour days for many years and weekends on his own stuff. It’s hard and dirty work; time consuming and also artistic, frustrating but rewarding. These squares are easy compared to an elongated curved panel, think chevelle. I gained massive respect for his skill and talents; it’s also been rewarding using his tools while working on mine, brings back memories, some good and some not so good.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Dropped my wheels and tires off for a rebalance this morning, waiting on the call to go get them.

Threw on my comfort grip wheel at lunch. Just gotta swap the horn button for the blank one and apply the GMC decal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ta1nt3d