What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Still working on getting her running after the LS locked up.

Anyway, today I got under it to put the torque converter bolts in with washers (4l60e).....man what PITA!! Without the washers its easy. You need about 4 more fingers on one hand lol.

Can't tell you how many times I dropped the washer. Finally I got a long screwdriver with a magnet on the end holding the bolt. Get the washer in place, then fish up the bolt. Of course my magnet was pretty strong so the bolt kept grabbing the block and turning, but it was a lot more manageable than trying to do it with one hand.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Tearing down the motor, getting it ready for when my dad comes over to tag team it. In the meantime, cleaning up the engine bay and wiring. Prepping for paint and tidying it up, finally.

You must be registered for see images attach

Finkaire

Finkaire
Reaction score
First Name
Loren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado c10
Engine Size
Clip from hell came off for the second time, hoping the wire will hold

Attachments

• B16A4ACF-0989-40AD-B746-67D154AF6220.jpeg
    B16A4ACF-0989-40AD-B746-67D154AF6220.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 6B6D0F8E-EC08-490F-8F0E-ACF30BE3629D.jpeg
    6B6D0F8E-EC08-490F-8F0E-ACF30BE3629D.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

dbush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500
Engine Size
Finally finished with the sniper on my 292. Working on best A/F mix and idle speed.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Finally finished with the sniper on my 292. Working on best A/F mix and idle speed.

On the A/F if you haven't download the software an enable the 2D table. It will run better but you have to tune that through the software, once you enable the larger table it isn't available for changes on the handheld.

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Did you do any other enhancements to the 292 like lump ports in the heads? I'm curious to hear how you like the Sniper on that 6.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So no joy at all. GRRRRRRRR! I got the 4 person full on chinese inspection. Hood up, tape measure out, mirror on wheels to look at the underneath. Meanwhile the mustang on my left would not stay running due to the low idle and aggressive cam. The bro dozer on the right had a bumper that was above my waist with tires out past all four corners. They both passed. I failed for window tint at 10% and no cat. Go figure. And they wonder why I prefer the Pirate life. lol
Eric
That s ucks….
You could always just throw another tag on it with a current year sticker….not that I’ve ever done that…..
But window tint and missing major emissions components in a state that does inspections are just too easy of a target. Although in reality they were probably just jealous of your truck….

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
That s ucks….
You could always just throw another tag on it with a current year sticker….not that I’ve ever done that…..
But window tint and missing major emissions components in a state that does inspections are just too easy of a target. Although in reality they were probably just jealous of your truck….
funny you should say that. My wife said the same thing. Oh well the tint is off and I have a flow master universal cat on the work bench. I got till the end of the month. lol
Eric

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Restored my grille and reinstalled

Looks great! I love the ‘75-‘76 Grille

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Had to replace a U joint on the CUCV. Picked up a vibration after plowing snow last week, though it was just the snow and ice built up in the wheels throwing them out of balance. After it warmed up and the snow melted it was still there, then clunked when I put it in gear. Parked it right away, lucky it didn’t throw the driveshaft.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
funny you should say that. My wife said the same thing. Oh well the tint is off and I have a flow master universal cat on the work bench. I got till the end of the month. lol
Eric
I’d roll the windows down and then disconnect them, lol. Don’t think 4 season weather protection is a law…Tint? What tint?

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I went and visited the big fella the other day.
When Max brought home the '49 something had to go into storage and the squarebody was the one to be put away.
We needed to drop some of his "accumulations" off for storage and tried to start it.
No luck as it was being stubborn and jump starting it wasn't working.
It needs a new battery and possibly a new starter as well...
So we tucked it back in and closed the door again.
One of these days one of @Maxwellvis three vehicles will go in there and mine will come home.

The square makes the 3100 look tiny in comparison....
Now the big feller is home again.
Max took his bug and placed it into the storage unit.
To do so, he had to swap out the starter with another one we have here as a spare.
Those GMT400 mini starters are awesome!

It turned over much better, but still needed a new battery.
As the one that was in it was a core return from when Max was working at the auto parts store.

Costco to the rescue as even with a buddies discount at the Auto Zone, Costco was over $100 cheaper for the same battery.

Now it turns over like crazy and is sitting in the drive way again.
All that is in the drive way are five Chevy vehicles.