What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeoverland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250/I6
Well, I finally got around to fixing the column shifter in my 81. Fixing the shifter required some "modifications" to the vehicle itself. All I need to do is tack the shifter housing to the supports and I'll officially be able to say that I finally have a vehicle that is Hurst Equipped.

Mike

Attachments

• hurst.jpg
    hurst.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 52

mikeoverland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250/I6
Those shocks could be dealer replacements. Back when you could get all the parts for these old squares from the dealer the shocks would have the upper mount attached. "Delco Pleasurizer" was label on many.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, those shocks were not gas pressurized.
Pleasurizer?!? I'm just gonna let that one go. The jokes just write themselves...

Mike

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Well gentleman (and ladies) it's been a long time coming but today was the day. December 27 2021 we brought home the beast, well towed home. It's been pushed around our shop, pulled and shimmied, but never ran. We suspected fuel pump originally and then the tank selector valve. Then all of the custom RUBBER fuel lines all started to crumble and the carburetor didn't have half the gaskets and was leaking like a civ. I'm surprised we made it as far as we did before we needed towed. Crazy stuff.

With the help of my pa, after months and months of business and procrastination, we finally gave it a few moments and was able to reassess some of the hoses, temporarily eliminate the selector valve, remove the Holley and go over it/regasket it. And today it pulled out of cozy spot and got the first wash in Pennsylvania. We were happy to get it out, get the juices flowing, get it bathed and move it to a better spot in the shop. This will be returned to. And i'm talking in a major way. (still trying to flip a house right now, we know how life is)

My brother pulling out his '74

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

StickyLifter

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Screw You Homophobes
Truck Year
N/A
Truck Model
N/A
Engine Size
N/A
I haven't done a lot to my Sierra yet, but I have been doing some maintenance type stuff and fixing minor things. I changed the oil, replaced some bulbs, fixed the headlight adjusters. I'm going to replace the thermostat and differential oil this week. I bought a chrome thermostat housing, but think I may just clean up and paint the existing one.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Went to the hometown main street summer cruise today. Always my favorite one of the year

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Finally got new trim pieces put on today after I washed/polished it up. I sure wish my truck looked as good up close as it does in 6-8 foot away pictures.
Looks amazing. Can’t believe the original paint is still mostly in tact!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got it sort of assembled and out of the shop. Took a hot lap around the subdivision sitting on a life jacket!

On the downhill slide now.

wlwarnke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I've been planning on mounting the control box all of the modules in a console but now I'm thinking I will fab myself a bracket like you've got there. That turned out super clean...
It took some test fitting to make sure the modules and connectors were set back far enough to clear the backside of the gauges but it all fit and the terminations can be accessed.

On a side note, if your running a PCM, the check engine light input (on mine atleast required a “pull-up” resistor to get the light to turn off.

The PCM grounds this wire to turn the light on. To turn the light off, it just removes the ground. The DD couldn’t tell the difference between ground and not ground so the light stayed on.

I used a 1.5k resistor to get 12v ign to the CEL input when the circuit wasn’t grounded by the PCM.

Khayward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban SLE
Engine Size
This is an interesting thread to read through. What have I done? In the month I've had it it's mostly been cleaning and assessing, though this weekend I did take my daughter to the wrecking yard and we grabbed a seat belt buckle and power window switch for the driver door - existing one had broken tabs on the bezel.
Did an oil change and some basic maintenance, replaced the factory cassette (still working) with a cheap Bluetooth mechless unit from wally world, replaced dash speakers. Waiting until later this month to get the windshield replaced and have to do something with the exhaust, everything from the cat back is basically rotten. Hoping to salvage the part over the axle and cobble the rest together until I can buy a system.

Magna86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Magna86
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Chevy 350
I've done nothing other than pickup some Dumbo mirrors for it. Still waiting on my shop to go up. But I got bored and brought a friend home from storage that I can work on without a building or parts from storage. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tporter79