What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I've done nothing other than pickup some Dumbo mirrors for it. Still waiting on my shop to go up. But I got bored and brought a friend home from storage that I can work on without a building or parts from storage. :)

You must be registered for see images attach
Nice 67!!

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Finally got new trim pieces put on today after I washed/polished it up. I sure wish my truck looked as good up close as it does in 6-8 foot away pictures.
I feel the same way about my truck and my wife. Except with the wife it's more like 60-80 feet away...

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
This is an interesting thread to read through. What have I done? In the month I've had it it's mostly been cleaning and assessing, though this weekend I did take my daughter to the wrecking yard and we grabbed a seat belt buckle and power window switch for the driver door - existing one had broken tabs on the bezel.
Did an oil change and some basic maintenance, replaced the factory cassette (still working) with a cheap Bluetooth mechless unit from wally world, replaced dash speakers. Waiting until later this month to get the windshield replaced and have to do something with the exhaust, everything from the cat back is basically rotten. Hoping to salvage the part over the axle and cobble the rest together until I can buy a system.
What did you do with the factory cassette player?
:rolleyes:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Got it sort of assembled and out of the shop. Took a hot lap around the subdivision sitting on a life jacket!

On the downhill slide now.
Love the colors! Blue is my favorite color. The two tones go together good.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Worked all night, got home at 0730 and got after it. Pulled the body off the frame to have easy access to the rear end, pulled the motor and tranny as one. Got a 10 bolt in the shop, half a$$ed mocked it up welded a couple pieces of angle iron to the axle and frame. put the body back on the frame, and ran out of "Want Too" plus it was getting really hot....

Attachments

• 20220627_115653.jpg
    20220627_115653.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220627_133926.jpg
    20220627_133926.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 37

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Worked all night, got home at 0730 and got after it. Pulled the body off the frame to have easy access to the rear end, pulled the motor and tranny as one. Got a 10 bolt in the shop, half a$$ed mocked it up welded a couple pieces of angle iron to the axle and frame. put the body back on the frame, and ran out of "Want Too" plus it was getting really hot....
Be easy with all my parts ur sending me :wave:

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
You can bring me that little red truck, and I'll drive it for you...
I must has parts first :shrug: you can trust me

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I must has parts first :shrug: you can trust me
:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:....Do you know how many girls I've said "trust me" too?

Khayward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban SLE
Engine Size
What did you do with the factory cassette player?
:rolleyes:
I have it in the garage - not planning on tossing it. You need one? It's a 1.5 DIN from my 90 suburban.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I have it in the garage - not planning on tossing it. You need one? It's a 1.5 DIN from my 90 suburban.
My '87 came with a nice RetroSound but it would be kind of nice to have the original radio and a working cassette player. It would be awesome to have my cassettes from my high school days playing in a truck that was built my senior year.

So, no I don't need it...but I do want it. Shipping these days is ridiculous... Give it some thought and if you want to part with it and you know it still works, please give me a shot at it. I honestly have no idea what it would be worth.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
My '87 came with a nice RetroSound but it would be kind of nice to have the original radio and a working cassette player. It would be awesome to have my cassettes from my high school days playing in a truck that was built my senior year.

So, no I don't need it...but I do want it. Shipping these days is ridiculous... Give it some thought and if you want to part with it and you know it still works, please give me a shot at it. I honestly have no idea what it would be worth.
Yur truck was built the year i was born and you were grauating... LMFAO!

I was graduating the year my gfs son was born lol

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
More quick and easy- kind of - projects.

1) Adjusted the drag link to move the steering wheel a bit to the right. Easy - turn the drag link the opposite way you want the wheel to move. (4wd, anyhoo )

2) Adjusted the shift indicator- since my shift bowl ( the plastic lower portion) is a broke pos, that required some black Gorilla tape that maybe will hold.:Big Laugh:

3) Sadly, the most difficult thing- one of my chrome doorlock knobs broke a while back. Tonight I bought a pair of the Help ones - 10 bux !

I had to cut the bottom portion off and then thread it with a Chinesium SAE tap set made by Pittsburgh. Had to wrap duct tape around the knob and hold it with channel locks. Had the tape wrapped around the tap and it got all twisted up, so killed some time getting that off.

It ultimately worked, at least for now.

Major projects, I know.

Busted knob below.

Attachments

• 20220627_211424.jpg
    20220627_211424.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 35

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
More quick and easy- kind of - projects.

1) Adjusted the drag link to move the steering wheel a bit to the right. Easy - turn the drag link the opposite way you want the wheel to move. (4wd, anyhoo )

2) Adjusted the shift indicator- since my shift bowl ( the plastic lower portion) is a broke pos, that required some black Gorilla tape that maybe will hold.:Big Laugh:

3) Sadly, the most difficult thing- one of my chrome doorlock knobs broke a while back. Tonight I bought a pair of the Help ones - 10 bux !

I had to cut the bottom portion off and then thread it with a Chinesium SAE tap set made by Pittsburgh. Had to wrap duct tape around the knob and hold it with channel locks. Had the tape wrapped around the tap and it got all twisted up, so killed some time getting that off.

It ultimately worked, at least for now.

Major projects, I know.

Busted knob below.
I have that cheap a$$ Pittsburg tap set, the pos. Not great, but I guess ya get what you pay for, haha.
It's done the job for me a few times, but it died a horible death the last time I used it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL