What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
All ready for cruise night.
You must be registered for see images attach

Took Heath out with me this evening for a shakedown. All went well. Running strong light to light. New tires are gripping the street like I was hoping.
But...after a year hiatus, the curse of the cruise has once again fell on me. Will try to keep this as short as I can.
We pulled into the station to fill up but crap...WTH is the key to the gas cap that was on the ignition key ring? Oh well, must be on my other ride set. Go home, look, & no key. Reflecting back, when I replaced the ignition & door lock cylinders for 1 key fits all, I’m thinking I had a senior moment. When I tossed the old cylinders, I tossed the keys also...with the gas key still attached. This was around 7 PM tonight. While Tina is calling the lock smith, I was tear the garage apart. Can’t even find the spare that came with it after tearing the garage further apart along with the house. So I have an appt with the smith @8 AM.

Now here we sit at home, without much fuel & no way to put any in:mad::mad:.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
On mine I can just disconnect the fill hose from underneath and pump gas in using a fluid pump.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
The TDI came with a locking gas cap, but no key. I kept the big Channelocks in the car for almost a year before I finally got a new gas cap.

Last edited:

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
All ready for cruise night.

Took Heath out with me this evening for a shakedown. All went well. Running strong light to light. New tires are gripping the street like I was hoping.
But...after a year hiatus, the curse of the cruise has once again fell on me. Will try to keep this as short as I can.
We pulled into the station to fill up but crap...WTH is the key to the gas cap that was on the ignition key ring? Oh well, must be on my other ride set. Go home, look, & no key. Reflecting back, when I replaced the ignition & door lock cylinders for 1 key fits all, I’m thinking I had a senior moment. When I tossed the old cylinders, I tossed the keys also...with the gas key still attached. This was around 7 PM tonight. While Tina is calling the lock smith, I was tear the garage apart. Can’t even find the spare that came with it after tearing the garage further apart along with the house. So I have an appt with the smith @8 AM.

Now here we sit at home, without much fuel & no way to put any in:mad::mad:.
Really curious what that sounds like....... :hat:

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
A story titled "OCD 101" or "How bored I am waiting for decent weather."

Whenever I had a cylinder head (aluminum) done, I always painted it with some high temp aluminum engine paint. Makes the cast look perfect and much easier to clean in the long run. I knew guys who did this to entire aluminum blocks and it looked incredible.

My E-tec heads have been on for about 2 yrs, and I never got to do anything to them before they were mounted. Stored inside but the caustic atmosphere on planet Ohio, they still began to oxidize with blotchy areas. WTF? Yesterday's temp was ok, so I went nuts and masked off everything in detail. Didn't want paint on the head bolts (to look like I painted it) so dug into my can of unwanted 5/8 and 16mm sockets to cover them up. Then some junk spark plugs. Used some acetone on a rag to swab the machined areas where the headers go. Hoping to get the EFI and all the accessories on this week.

Dumber than hell I know, but it keeps me entertained. LMAO

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
A story titled "OCD 101" or "How bored I am waiting for decent weather."

Whenever I had a cylinder head (aluminum) done, I always painted it with some high temp aluminum engine paint. Makes the cast look perfect and much easier to clean in the long run. I knew guys who did this to entire aluminum blocks and it looked incredible.

My E-tec heads have been on for about 2 yrs, and I never got to do anything to them before they were mounted. Stored inside but the caustic atmosphere on planet Ohio, they still began to oxidize with blotchy areas. WTF? Yesterday's temp was ok, so I went nuts and masked off everything in detail. Didn't want paint on the head bolts (to look like I painted it) so dug into my can of unwanted 5/8 and 16mm sockets to cover them up. Then some junk spark plugs. Used some acetone on a rag to swab the machined areas where the headers go. Hoping to get the EFI and all the accessories on this week.

Dumber than hell I know, but it keeps me entertained. LMAO

That looks bangin!!!!

John-Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John-Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Lots of work today..skyjacker springs are installed in the rear. For those who gave input on my rear setup, thank you! Ditching the block and putting new leaf springs has really helped the ride. Gonna save a little up for an air bag setup due to frequent towing. Rotated the tires while I was at it. Had a moment of holy crap when I was able to see the new springs, recent disk brake conversion, and Bilstein 5125s altogether..I was like wow that's a lot of dough under this thing but the feel and look of it all installed was so worth it. Feels like I'm getting closer and closer to my dream truck!

Attachments

• IMG_20220508_134805.jpg
    IMG_20220508_134805.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20220508_122905.jpg
    IMG_20220508_122905.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20220508_122937.jpg
    IMG_20220508_122937.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 55

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Say no more...
Sizing things up.

WTH is this?! Trying to figure the mess out.

Fixing to set the brake button.

Watching the rpms climbing.

Launch!!
Dang man, that kid is getting huge! Little guy was so tiny before, now it looks like he'll be driving grandpa's truck in no time lol

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Lots of work today..skyjacker springs are installed in the rear. For those who gave input on my rear setup, thank you! Ditching the block and putting new leaf springs has really helped the ride. Gonna save a little up for an air bag setup due to frequent towing. Rotated the tires while I was at it. Had a moment of holy crap when I was able to see the new springs, recent disk brake conversion, and Bilstein 5125s altogether..I was like wow that's a lot of dough under this thing but the feel and look of it all installed was so worth it. Feels like I'm getting closer and closer to my dream truck!
Nice!!!!

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Really curious what that sounds like....... :hat:
Here’s a few to get an idea Chris.

A cold start back when the EFI was on.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

A crappy vid from an old phone with the sound bouncing around the buildings back in ‘13. 3-4 sec mark is when I blew a head gasket.

This is from last year. I haven’t received any from this year’s yet.

Just raised the hood & shot this in the garage.

Hope at least one of these helped.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Me too! Also because i have no idea what exhaust setup joe @CoggedBelt75 has on it.
Nothing special Ted. 1 5/8 primary Hooker headers. Shoulda got 1 ¾ when I got the blower setup for better breathing purposes but didn’t & still can’t justify the $$$ to do this. 3” pipes with X-pipe after headers to Flowmaster 70 Series Big Block II mufflers with 3” inlet/outlet to 3” pipes connected to turndowns just behind the cab.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Here’s a few to get an idea Chris.

A cold start back when the EFI was on.

A crappy vid from an old phone with the sound bouncing around the buildings back in ‘13. 3-4 sec mark is when I blew a head gasket.

This is from last year. I haven’t received any from this year’s yet.

Just raised the hood & shot this in the garage.

Hope at least one of these helped.
I love the blower whine!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Ive been lookin into intakes all day today and i came across one on craigslist with a 671 on top and i got all tingly lol but the $2800 tag scared me away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8