What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Working on pass door window i hooked inside door handle back up. The rod was just laying there. Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Tested new motor and it works fine. I can't get the window to budge tho. Even had both hands on each side of window and wouldn't move. Removed the carpet piece and found that the po cut me a 6x9 hole and a 6.5 hole for speakers. Like the rust and stuck window wasn't enough to love 2 ****** cut holes takes the cake. Lol

I'm sure the drivers door matches too. :eek::oops:

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Working on pass door window i hooked inside door handle back up. The rod was just laying there. Lol

Tested new motor and it works fine. I can't get the window to budge tho. Even had both hands on each side of window and wouldn't move. Removed the carpet piece and found that the po cut me a 6x9 hole and a 6.5 hole for speakers. Like the rust and stuck window wasn't enough to love 2 ****** cut holes takes the cake. Lol

I'm sure the drivers door matches too. :eek::oops:
UGH!!!

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Notice the coolant reserve was low - hmm. No antifreeze on me, but a container of water - oh, well.

Just fiddle farted some more and noticed a drip from the tower clamp on the upper radiator hose. A few righty tighty clicks with a 3/8" socket & Ratchet - mo better now.

Need to keep some emergency anti freeze in her, too, I guess.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Changed the 2-1/2 inch Flowmaster Delta Flow mufflers to a set of Jones Flow Pack single chamber mufflers today.
Well the boy did that, I financed the whole thing.

The Flowmasters were simply to quiet, so I found a different solution.
I have a regular 2 chamber on our suburban and it does the job nicely, so I was disappointed when I put the delta flows under the big block truck.

Now it has a very appropriate growl to it.
It will be even better when I put a full 3 inch exhaust under there with headers.

New single chamber

I have large hands and these things are big

Looking down the barrel to the V deflector

The other side of the V deflector.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Changed the 2-1/2 inch Flowmaster Delta Flow mufflers to a set of Jones Flow Pack single chamber mufflers today.
Well the boy did that, I financed the whole thing.

The Flowmasters were simply to quiet, so I found a different solution.
I have a regular 2 chamber on our suburban and it does the job nicely, so I was disappointed when I put the delta flows under the big block truck.

Now it has a very appropriate growl to it.
It will be even better when I put a full 3 inch exhaust under there with headers.

New single chamber

I have large hands and these things are big

Looking down the barrel to the V deflector

The other side of the V deflector.

Those are the exact same mufflers I put on my '78 454 Suburban. I love them, especially considering how cheap they are.

Last edited:

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I have only heard it for a second as we are battling a charging issue today as well as fat sideways rain.

So tomorrow we will be able to get a sound bite.

I also bought one for our daily suburban to replace its 2 chamber Flowmaster.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Put one of those anti slip things i found at a farm and fleet meant for like a ladder or a step on the rubber floor in my square so I dont slip getting in and out and my shoes/boots dont slip around when wet. Its a slick surface. trying to rely less on grabbing the steering wheel to enter

Marv

Reaction score
First Name
Marv
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
383 Stroker
About finished with the dash finally. Made a couple last minute changes that took up more time than expected.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Hey, that's what l like doing, satisfaction. It's great when all the jobs are done and everything is working right,

Thus is very true. Just not in my case. I pop the hood then pop a top and look for what's gotta be fix next. But, to be fair there's always something to fix on these old trucks. Lol

At least she's got tags and is legal to drive. :D

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Took it for a ride and wanted to drive it at least 12.5 miles because that's the trip to work. Then got home and checked for visible leaks and ****.

I have to say I'm really pleased with the way it runs and drives handles and rides. Putting in the skip white distributor and new wires and plugs has really helped. I'm sure it was that old distributor taking a **** on me the last time I took it to work cutting out once it got good and warm.

Temp stayed 190 to 195 running about 55 to 60 on back roads so that's good. But, when I got home and checked it out found 3 leaks.

Bad radiator cap because it poured out the over heat tube and not that hot. Another radiator leak down in lower corner on driver's side on the inside above the steering box too.

Also the top of steering box is leaking too.

Is there a seal or something that I can replace? Never messed with them before.

Tomorrow I'll go get a new cap and replace it since I'm off work till the 4th. I save my vacation time till Christmas so I can use 6 days and get like 2 weeks off. :D

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Took it for a ride and wanted to drive it at least 12.5 miles because that's the trip to work. Then got home and checked for visible leaks and ****.

I have to say I'm really pleased with the way it runs and drives handles and rides. Putting in the skip white distributor and new wires and plugs has really helped. I'm sure it was that old distributor taking a **** on me the last time I took it to work cutting out once it got good and warm.

Temp stayed 190 to 195 running about 55 to 60 on back roads so that's good. But, when I got home and checked it out found 3 leaks.

Bad radiator cap because it poured out the over heat tube and not that hot. Another radiator leak down in lower corner on driver's side on the inside above the steering box too.

Also the top of steering box is leaking too.

Is there a seal or something that I can replace? Never messed with them before.

Tomorrow I'll go get a new cap and replace it since I'm off work till the 4th. I save my vacation time till Christmas so I can use 6 days and get like 2 weeks off. :D
I got a rebuild kit from Auto Zone that fixed mine.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Replaced the battery today. Been acting a bit weak lately. Check the receipts to see when I bought it. 10 of 2013. Got the same one so I’m good to go for a while

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshs74nova