What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

one4fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Why Clips? I'd use some bolts with big wingnuts and fender washers with a rubber pad on them. That will keep the jack from vibrating loose or rattling and making noise. Just run the bolts through the holes in the jack main bar. I've already got my plans for my hi lift, shoevels and off-road recovery kit.
I had something like that in mind. Just using clips as a generic term.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Dear mother of god. If you are going to swap from points to HEI PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO THE WIRING PROPERLY.

I was trying to figure out what was going on with my truck in regards to wiring and I noticed today that the wire for the coil 12v had another 12v line spliced to run to the choke.

I remembered reading that using the original wire for the points to power your coil is NOT advised because while the wire will feed 12v during startup it will only provide 9v or so while it is running.

So because of this I ran a entirely new 12g wire from the bulkhead of the firewall to the distributor which well should immensely.

Oh did I mention it was a 1.5hr round trip to buy the stupid terminal for the bulkhead connector... but it is done now.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Dear mother of god. If you are going to swap from points to HEI PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO THE WIRING PROPERLY.

I was trying to figure out what was going on with my truck in regards to wiring and I noticed today that the wire for the coil 12v had another 12v line spliced to run to the choke.

I remembered reading that using the original wire for the points to power your coil is NOT advised because while the wire will feed 12v during startup it will only provide 9v or so while it is running.

So because of this I ran a entirely new 12g wire from the bulkhead of the firewall to the distributor which well should immensely.

Oh did I mention it was a 1.5hr round trip to buy the stupid terminal for the bulkhead connector... but it is done now.

Some people splice the electric choke wire into the 12v coil wire. Somebody on here actually recommended that to me when my choke wasn't functioning properly. I didn't do it, but I think it's a fairly common thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Some people splice the electric choke wire into the 12v coil wire. Somebody on here actually recommended that to me when my choke wasn't functioning properly. I didn't do it, but I think it's a fairly common thing.

Yes that is fine.. What isn't fine is using the resistor wire from the points setup because you will only be feeding 9.5v to your distributor and choke when the vehicle is running... :lazer:

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ahh I gotcha

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
Try adjusting the ignition switch on the column under the dash.. you'll have to drop the two nuts that hold the steering column in place to see it. Loosen the two mounting screws and adjust the switch toward the steering wheel lil at a time till the engine no longer cuts off.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

thanks! i ended up replacing the switch, it looked like crap lol ... starts and stays running now! doesnt turn off till i turn the key off

Bradley8496

Reaction score
First Name
Bradley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sorry to interrupt but I'm new to this forum. How do I post a new thread and how do I know when somone has replied?

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
Sorry to interrupt but I'm new to this forum. How do I post a new thread and how do I know when somone has replied?

click on the section you want and it says "new thread" at top left ... then subscribe to the thread with thread tools, you can get emails every time someone comments if you want

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
thanks! i ended up replacing the switch, it looked like crap lol ... starts and stays running now! doesnt turn off till i turn the key off
Awesome! Now you can drive with one hand :)

Sent from the dust in front of you!

one4fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Replaced a steering stabilizer cartridge. Had one with a nasty dent.

You must be registered for see images

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
Finally got pictures taken of truck and moved to new job. Owner specializes in cummins swaps.

Attachments

• 10860840_10100391852653142_682333723123153414_o.jpg
    10860840_10100391852653142_682333723123153414_o.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 102

neginfluence04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Melvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Sub
Engine Size
Your priorities are in the right place. :cool:

Was worth it to see this smile

Small pool is to keep the dogs outta the pool

one4fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Made a couple brackets for holding a hi-lift in the bed of my K10. Used 2" x 1/8" flat steel, 1/2" grade 8 bolts, stainless wing nuts, and some 1/16" nylon coated cable to tether the retainer clips when removing the jack. Some etching primer and a few coats of rustoleum for the finished product.

86chevyk10

Reaction score
First Name
chase
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I replaced my shocks, starter, horn contact and pad, valve cover gaskets, dome lamp cover, turn signal switch, shift indicator, upper balljoints, and motor mount. Now waiting for the time to do my fender, cab corners and rockers. Guess you can say restorations take up allot of time and money!

Attachments

• parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 97

JRandle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Silverado
Engine Size
Prepped and painted my headers and installed my newly re done seat!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROGERDODGER