What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
New skip white distributor. Still got some tinkering left. 375/ 41 center plate and weights, Limiting the vac advance, and more peg legs lol

Sent from the dust in front of you!

datto62073

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
new trans mounts. shifts better but still needs more work.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
So my truck was originally power windows/locks, but somebody at some point decided to convert the front windows to manual, and remove any signs of power locks. So I'm screwing around with mirrors and decide to pull the door panel off the driver's front door and what do I see? Two harnesses that look suspiciously like power window and lock switch harnesses. So I go grab a spare window switch of my camaro and plug it into the power lock switch and tada! Power locks! Why would anybody just remove the switch and bury it? I mean they even made a nice plate to cover the holes for the switches in the door panel. The rears are a bit stiff, but all 4 work! Now I just need to get the regulators/motors for the front and a new 4-way switch and then I'll have power windows too!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So my truck was originally power windows/locks, but somebody at some point decided to convert the front windows to manual, and remove any signs of power locks. So I'm screwing around with mirrors and decide to pull the door panel off the driver's front door and what do I see? Two harnesses that look suspiciously like power window and lock switch harnesses. So I go grab a spare window switch of my camaro and plug it into the power lock switch and tada! Power locks! Why would anybody just remove the switch and bury it? I mean they even made a nice plate to cover the holes for the switches in the door panel. The rears are a bit stiff, but all 4 work! Now I just need to get the regulators/motors for the front and a new 4-way switch and then I'll have power windows too!

Surprise !!! Now you can add keyless entry.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Keyless entry is the bee's knees.

Spent a little bit of time tuning the 454 I put in the stepside, runs pretty good now. Still can't really go for a drive yet because it's just open headers. I also finally fixed the fuel line on the '90 Burb and got it back on the road, there's still a little bit of life left in it. Also did some minor repairs and paint touch up on the '86 Burb, looks pretty good from 20ft.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Tuned the idle a bit and took it for a spin after tightening the body bolts. Now I just have to get the bed back together so I can take it out on the main roads and clear out the cobwebs.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
New aluminum radiator is installed. Cleaned up and painted the support and shroud silver while I had it apart. Removed the ground cable off the intake, cut the corroded end off it down to good copper and soldered a new lug onto it. Pulled that bolt out and wire wheeled it and the nut clean. Wire brushed the ground lug in the TBI harness, reinstalled everything and coated it with terminal protector.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Latest vid after finally getting the new pipes on:

[yt]dqGC2yWdefQ[/yt]

Last edited:

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Sounds good!

Sent from the dust in front of you!

colthensley454

Reaction score
First Name
Colt
Truck Year
84 GMC and 87 Chevy
Truck Model
Both 1500 4x4
Engine Size
350 and 350
New water pump and power-steering belt

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Re-installed a couple of the battery cables (dual batts) on the '86 Burb, the PO had them boonrigged. Also had to make an additional mount for the driverside battery tray, the fender well is too rusted to properly support it.

And finally installed the Bushwacker cutout flares on the '88 Burb, it looks pretty cool. Except now my wife wants it lifted a little more in the front, which is fine because I think the new tires still don't have enough clearance up there.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Your wife sounds like a real keeper!

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
Lets see some pics of the cut out flares I wanta do them too. Where did you getem... what do they sell for

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes