What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

binderbart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Just traded a 95 jeep cherokee, kinda rough, for a 86 chevy 1/2 ton 4wd yesterday. Since then I have put in a brake line, different master cylinder, 16 inch rims to replace the rallies that were on it, drained and refilled both axles, drained and repaired a leak on the transfer case, changed engine oil and filter, fixed a bad headlight, put a nice set of side mirrors on, sat and drooled over what I got!!

Attachments

• gmc-chevy truck 005.jpg
    gmc-chevy truck 005.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 117

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
Damn that 86 looks clean... Nice trade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

binderbart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Damn that 86 looks clean... Nice trade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE
Thank you, I almost felt like I should have posted that in the "stolen square bodies" section:big_banana_Dance:

binderbart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Really nice trade, I'm drooling over here lol
Nice trade......reminds me of a time I went to the town 10 miles west of ours to get some groceries, pizza's and beer. I put the 18 pack of beer on the front seat of the truck. No sooner did I pull out on the highway to head back home and I saw an old indian hitchhiking. I pulled up and said " I can take ya 10 miles east if that helps". He climbed into the cab and I headed back down the highway. Wasn't long and I started to notice he kept glancing at my 18 pack of beer. I thought, great, he's gonna want some of my beer, then I polished all my wit and said " I got that 18 pack for the wife" He looked me right in the eye and said "Humph, Nice trade"

binderbart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Friday I got the "General" out of winter storage. As I got back to town I hit the brake pedal and it went right to the floor. Today I installed a new mastercylinder (3rd one in two years, went with a Napa this time) and a vaccum booster. Good to be driving the ol girl again

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Good stuff Bart. :popcorn:

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Looks like people have been busy... I finally got the truck inspected and aligned last weekend. Sure drives a hell of a lot better with all new steering linkages and all rebuilt hydraulic components. The Hydroboost takes a little getting used to, but is nice. :)

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I installed some new clutch pedal bushings on Sunday. Didn't take near as long as I thought it would so I got started on installing my stereo and speakers. Got the stereo in and the front speakers installed so far. It already sounds so much better going from the one center speaker to 2 dash speakers.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Nice trade......reminds me of a time I went to the town 10 miles west of ours to get some groceries, pizza's and beer. I put the 18 pack of beer on the front seat of the truck. No sooner did I pull out on the highway to head back home and I saw an old indian hitchhiking. I pulled up and said " I can take ya 10 miles east if that helps". He climbed into the cab and I headed back down the highway. Wasn't long and I started to notice he kept glancing at my 18 pack of beer. I thought, great, he's gonna want some of my beer, then I polished all my wit and said " I got that 18 pack for the wife" He looked me right in the eye and said "Humph, Nice trade"

lol.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Changed my water pump tonight after getting it home form work. The last 1/4 mile to the house the pump started raising hell and locked up at slow speeds but she got me home.

red84k10

Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Finally got the power widows and locks working. Now on to the cruise and air con. Soon to start a 700r4 conversion.

binderbart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
well I got pulled over on the way into 3rd shift last night. I had a drivers headlight out, so I installed a new halogen in the 79 today. Started to work on the license plate light but they fell apart, tomorrow.

binderbart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
shop was slow today so I left at noon and followed up on a craigslist ad. Drove 15 miles and got a chrome rear step bumper for the project truck. $50. He thought I was going to try and haggle him down, I didn't like most craiglisters do so he threw in a tailgate chrome piece, some side trim and a chrome glove box cover. Sweet. Stopped off at the boneyard today and I might have a mint condition black seat for the 79, its in a rolled firetruck that had 16,000 miles on it. He is going to think on the price and I might be back up there saturday.

john55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
i changed fuel filter on the q jet easy enough. then started changing plugs looked easy, plenty of room to work . the heat shields were all bent up. difficult to get the socket on /off plugs. the plug wires were stuck on even with wire puller one end came off. harder than i expected lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast