What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Got some prep work done for tach install #1. I call this #1 because it was in the works before I found the tach cluster recently. I still plan on doing this install because I don't have time frame for my cluster to go in, and I figure when I do have the cluster ready, maybe someone will want to get this set-up from me. Anyways, onward ho....

Tach. 2 5/8" dia...

You must be registered for see images attach

Surround for mounting the tach...

Location in the bezel...

I chose this location because the bezel that is actually in the truck has an inoperable digital clock from the stone age in that location already. So I don't have to feel guilty about cutting that bezel.

Tech note also: For those of you who have a bezel with the silver trim, or want the silver trim, go get your self a metallic silver Sharpie! The bezel in the above picture had half the silver gone from use over the years when I got it. It was actually the guy I bought it from that told me about it, as that is what he does when restoring the Chevelles he has collected over the years. You need a steady hand, but it is worth the payoff!

New injectors in, fuel rail on, runners on, punched out a valve cover for a breather and put them on, replaced some PCV-vac hoses too:

Starting to look like a motor again, but pretty much stuck till the diaphram shows......

Great stuff guys! I get photobucket blocked at work during the week so I miss a lot of these pics and can't comment.

john55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
what did i do to my sb today? pulled a stupid stunt, got my c20 stuck last night in a bad spot. i always baby it till today. lost my temper and rocked it back an forth made some head way. stuck again. later this evening it drove out without to much trouble.( frozen ground) lucky i still have a drive train. i know better. the engine needed a tune up and was having trouble under a load . sorry probably wrong place to post.

89s thanks for the tip on the silver sharpie.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Cool, glad it became of good use. :)

Give me a box of self tappers and I am a happy man, lol!

I'm on a pretty good roll with my Burb right now. Haven't had to do anything to it for a while. Famous last words right? :rolleyes:

Why did you say that?! You KNOW somethings going to happen now :nono:

yeah, ******* !!! :thumbsdown: What were you thinkin?? :chair: You've made your own bed now !!! :happy175: Ok, you're not a ******* !!! But you shoulda known better.

BTW, been going to ask you. Member when the forum was new, you installed an inline radiator hose heater that plugs into 120 household current. How does that thing work? Still using it?

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
I picked up a sm465 and what I hope is everything needed to swap the 700r4 out for the hand shacker, slotted mags with buckshot mudders, spare tire rack inside, a set of tail lightenses and a few other misc things for $300. Seems like a great deal.

john55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
can you post a pic of the slot's?

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
I have a couple up in my build thread but here are the few I have on my phone. Their dirty oxidized and neglected But I'm going to try to polish em the best I can, anything has to be better than what they are.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Awesome! :drool::drool::drool::drool: I love old school slotted wheels

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Haven't done much of anything lately, but I'm working on getting a tilt column w/jeep intermediate shaft mod and hydro boost system ready for installation. I'll have pics and a write up eventually, time has gotten away from me and not having a proper workbench is getting to me. Must get bigger garage...

woarpath

Reaction score
First Name
arland
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
81 chevy

i re built the mortar and is hooking it up

john55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
slots look good thanks for posting i have a 66 imperial i want to put on a set 5x5.5 bolt pattern

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
BTW, been going to ask you. Member when the forum was new, you installed an inline radiator hose heater that plugs into 120 household current. How does that thing work? Still using it?

I haven't used it since that winter because I have not needed it with the two warm winters we had since. It's still there and looks fine. Maybe I'll plug it in next week, supposed to get coldest air of the season Monday I think. I did use it that winter I installed it maybe a few dozen times plugged in overnight. It keeps the coolant/block luke warm. I would not use it above freezing temps.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426&highlight=coolant+heater

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I haven't used it since that winter because I have not needed it with the two warm winters we had since. It's still there and looks fine. Maybe I'll plug it in next week, supposed to get coldest air of the season Monday I think. I did use it that winter I installed it maybe a few dozen times plugged in overnight. It keeps the coolant/block luke warm. I would not use it above freezing temps.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426&highlight=coolant+heater

I just never heard you say anymore about it and thought maybe it went bad. For what you desrcibe, Below Freezing temps to keep the block about 60-80 degrees is all I'd want it for. I think we've only had day we did get over 32, but we've had serveral nights where it didn't get about 27. I think we got into the teens 2 days this year.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
We have barely gotten out of the 30 this week and have been in the middle to low teens every night this week.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
My 4WD has been getting a workout this week dragging that boat through that muddy field every night. Last night it was really friggin spongy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay