What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well, now that's different:Big Laugh:

You didn't question the front tires though. Those ones are close to bald :confused:

Going down any road works just fine. Turning in an intersection though, I gotta be real cautious, lol.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
This just melted my heart and turned me into mush....she has been helping on the truck, and now she is helping with the engine. Pictures on page 802 of installing the cylinder heads with her. She did a lot of work.

I came home from work the other night and saw this on the counter.

I will be keeping this forever;

You must be registered for see images attach

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Here she is helping me install the pushrods. She is using the assembly lube on the ends of the pushrods where they meet the lifters, then putting them in.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Now she is helping install the rocker arm assemblies. She first wiped them clean, then used assembly lube on where the pushrod meets the rocker arm. She also put the assembly lube on the top of the valve stems also for the rocker arm.

Here she is looking up the torque specs and information in regards to rocker arm install. I showed her the legend in the book, then she looked up the pages and found what we needed.

GXPWeasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
1982 | 2015
Truck Model
Sierra C15 | Silverado Z71
Engine Size
5.0 | 5.3
You got that right my friend!!!!

Makes me wonder what Hot Rod or Muscle Car she will want when she can drive :D

Man, I'm right there with you. I'm teaching my 2 girls as much as I can, as quickly as I can. I am very proud to say that my 10 year old could change the oil in my '15 Silverado without looking up how to do it. She might not have the strength to remove the oil jug caps, or the drain plug, but otherwise she could do it. My 5 year old could point and what needs to be removed, and could probably change the oil with some guidance to remember the steps. It is well known in my family that my girls will know more about cars / basic home maintenance than their sure to be piss ant boyfriends will. I've already told both of them that if the boy they bring home can't do certain things, he'll never have my blessing. :)

Keep it up OBD... you're doing the LORD's work in teaching those girls a skill.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Now she is helping install the rocker arm assemblies. She first wiped them clean, then used assembly lube on where the pushrod meets the rocker arm. She also put the assembly lube on the top of the valve stems also for the rocker arm.

Here she is looking up the torque specs and information in regards to rocker arm install. I showed her the legend in the book, then she looked up the pages and found what we needed.

Good job dad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RedBeard_83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Sbc 350
Finally got my my door glass adjusted properly . so now my windows don't fall out the tracks when all the way down. Turns out the rear track was not bolted in the correct spot on both doors. Now windows go up and down with no problems. On to the next task of finding out why my wipers don't have a hi speed and why they wont park when I switch them to off . all in all , it was a good day .

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This just melted my heart and turned me into mush....she has been helping on the truck, and now she is helping with the engine. Pictures on page 802 of installing the cylinder heads with her. She did a lot of work.

I came home from work the other night and saw this on the counter.

I will be keeping this forever;

Dang man!!! What a note! Any parent would love to get that, I too would cherish and keep that forever!! It would stay in that envelope in a zip lock bag somewhere in my shed forever. I say shed because I don't have a garage, just a carport and it would get wet and ruined. My shed is also like a small shop, I have work benches in there to work on assemblies and things that I can move around.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

I'm cleaning up 40 years of dirt and grime. Rebuilding the 4 barrel Quadrajet....almost done. I've got the valve covers off now getting ready for new gaskets.
I have new felpro rubber valve cover gaskets. I need to put on. I want to pull my driver's manifold to put new bolts and donught gasket and stud in it. I have already pulled the AC compressor so that I can have access to the driver cover.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Well I did some more shopping around for some 16" rims and found these baby's!!!! Bought 6 of them for my build! Powdercoated and all!

He has more if anyone needs some, here it is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/363079644326?ul_noapp=true

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
THEN....it gets even better!!! I came across these, made a phone call, sending him the money....and now they are mine after I go pick them up.

Notice the stickers :D They are like new! The one in the upper left has a couple minor blemishes, but I don't care. They are in way better shape than any I have seen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69