What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedBeard_83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Sbc 350
the best ones do to be honest. and thanks, i really do. need to get it signed over and to my shop already; IM ITCHIN
I have a theme going if you can't tell lmao. Resto - rat , rusto - mod........one of those .

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Got the electric choke setup in and working. Fitted the 3 terminal oil pressure switch for the choke heater and oil pressure tell tale lamp. just got to wait for a cool morning to see if it needs further adjusting. Still waiting for the new fuel pumps to arrive.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Finally just about finished with wiring on the swap. Got the gauges installed and working, got computers and all cleaned up and mounted and the glovebox door back on, dash back together. That just leaves the TCC switch and cruise to be wired up
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
I changed the post break in oil today(second round of break in oil). Decided to just keep using the lucas for another oil change. Had the oil already anyway. Oil was debris free but a little darker than i expected for 200 miles...200 hard ass miles though. I have not been gingerly with the throttle by any means. For all the hiccups Ive had with this engine im happy to report that it is doing quite well.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Finally just about finished with wiring on the swap. Got the gauges installed and working, got computers and all cleaned up and mounted and the glovebox door back on, dash back together. That just leaves the TCC switch and cruise to be wired up

you are a wizard my friend. with magical mystical wiring powers. i don't know if you should be praised or hung for your unspeakable capabilities XD

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
haha it's on the list. there's a special place in hell for people who rattle can square bodies yellow thats for sure.

at the same time gotta make sure its even worth repainting. still in early stages
After you got the blazer loaded up did you at least slap the previous owner real hard......just because they needed it?
(For turning that thing into an abomination)

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
After you got the blazer loaded up did you at least slap the previous owner real hard......just because they needed it?
(For turning that thing into an abomination)

didn't get it loaded up yet but i still can haha

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
my new interior is *****! can't wait to redo it, apart from the wiring though. what an abomination

the door panels and dash are all rhino lined (military dash) and that button on the lower left is the horn! what the hell am i gonna do?! XD

I got the exact same horn button but, Mines on the dash corner. Lol

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350

I got the exact same horn button but, Mines on the dash corner. Lol

that's some funny yet creative stuff. plan on wiring it back in right with a GT Grant steering wheel

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
My weekend was supposed to be spent pulling my intake and sealing a leak im suspicious of after i purchased a data logger from 1320Electronics, and ALDLDroid and saw my idling map pressure was 26-27 kPa.......

in reality it was spent pulling my 700r4 that had less than 5k miles on it for a mysterious whine coming from it. allegedly rebuilt, and it WAS built with 600hp parts, but as it turned out, the builder thought it to be ok to reuse the front planetary housing with a .036" deep groove in, a ****** scoured up fluid pump housing, and a chattery pump rotor.
It sent brass shavings thru the transmission, so i had to break it down, clean it all internally, replace bushings, and several other things. I had good serviceable parts on the shelf, so the total cost was my beer, my time, bushings, a front TC seal, and some various 700r4/4l60e hard parts i had chilling on my shelf.

Read about it here:

https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/another-mysterious-30-year-old-truck-noise-thread-lol.32137/
26-27 kPa is pretty good vacuum, especially considering you aren’t running a stock cam. Usually even mild performance cams idle over 40 kPa...

Doesn’t seem like a vacuum unless there’s something else you’re seeing in addition to that.

RedBeard_83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom deluxe
Engine Size
Sbc 350
Not as low as I was hoping with 3 inch drop spindles and however much the springs were cut from previous owner but it is lower . now on to the rear

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
you are a wizard my friend. with magical mystical wiring powers. i don't know if you should be praised or hung for your unspeakable capabilities XD
Lol idk about all that. I’ve got several friends that had every single bit of wiring done in about 2-3 weekends. I’m up to like 10-12 [emoji28]

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Lol idk about all that. I’ve got several friends that had every single bit of wiring done in about 2-3 weekends. I’m up to like 10-12 [emoji28]

well you were good up until you told me that haha XD just kidding guy, i'd be right there IF IM LUCKY

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
well you were good up until you told me that haha XD just kidding guy, i'd be right there IF IM LUCKY
Hahaha in my defense, I’ve done a bunch of other work too. I’ll realize I’m not getting anywhere and go do something else. Or go help my buddy on his ‘75. But yeah, it’s been about that long spread out over everything

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Hahaha in my defense, I’ve done a bunch of other work too. I’ll realize I’m not getting anywhere and go do something else. Or go help my buddy on his ‘75. But yeah, it’s been about that long spread out over everything

makes sense, sometimes you got to walk away and regather yourself by doing something else. i feel that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL