What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Is heat sink grease the same as Therma paste which is an aluminum heat transfer paste we use in the HVAC trade.? It is the worst stuff to get on your hands.

I don't know. I use what's called 'Arctic Silver'.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I'll bet the price is too!

35 bux at Advance for the Borg Warner, and stock !

Goldie lives !

Took off the cap, terminal greased the connections, took off the rotor and come the fock on - one spade terminal was unplugged.

FML

Fired right up after reassembly.

So, yeah,it was an electrical wiring problem all right.

Goddamit.

The mechanic needs to be fired.

:happy175:

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thought the cab would be easier to pull than the bed but Murphy had other ideas. Once everything was out of the way, I think I found the 10mm socket I lost too. How I get this back on the frame after purtee new paint is going to be another feat altogether.

Wonder what the weight difference would be without the doors and all the glass?

You must be registered for see images attach

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I had more of a pain keeping the wire harness out of the way on reinstallation. Took the time to spray PB Blaster on all the moving parts, especially the rollers.
Take the door latch lever out after you pull the panel. Life is a lot easier. I also cleaned out all of the 'trash' from the bottom of the door.

Thanks for the tips. My pass door has a busted handle on the inside anyway. I got one to replace tho. Have to replace drivers side motor too.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Driving down the road, today and started smelling the TERRIBLE sweet odor of antifreeze. Looked over at the passenger side floor and found a new "Old Faithful" in green. Gotta do a heater core now. Also can anybody tell me how much difference ,if any, is there between 10 series 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive rear leaf springs. Looking for a pair for my Grandson's 79 K10

1979k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Also can anybody tell me how much difference ,if any, is there between 10 series 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive rear leaf springs. Looking for a pair for my Grandson's 79 K10

I believe that the K series has 2 more springs in the pack.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Driving down the road, today and started smelling the TERRIBLE sweet odor of antifreeze. Looked over at the passenger side floor and found a new "Old Faithful" in green. Gotta do a heater core now. Also can anybody tell me how much difference ,if any, is there between 10 series 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive rear leaf springs. Looking for a pair for my Grandson's 79 K10

Depends mostly on the year and the GVW options. Some C10's got 56" rear springs too, rather than 52".

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Pulled distributor yesterday after finding it was hitting the intake in 2 spots.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Found the 2 spots I'll have to grind down to allow movement to adjust timing.

Always something. Can't just go smooth. Lol

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Always something. Can't just go smooth. Lol

So true, but if it was easy everyone would be doing it which is what sets us apart from the herd!!! Takes lots of Blood, Sweat, and Tears and a ton of determination to bring one of these squarebodies back to it's true potential!! But when it's done you can stand back and look at it with pride and honestly say "I did this":cheers:Oh yeah, don't forget to factor in the many cases of beer necessary during the restoration!!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
So true, but if it was easy everyone would be doing it which is what sets us apart from the herd!!! Takes lots of Blood, Sweat, and Tears and a ton of determination to bring one of these squarebodies back to it's true potential!! But when it's done you can stand back and look at it with pride and honestly say "I did this":cheers:Oh yeah, don't forget to factor in the many cases of beer necessary during the restoration!!

This is exactly why I love my square and actually why I'm a machinist. I can take a piece of material and turn it into something that people can use and will pay for.

I like working on my vehicles. Just wish it didn't take so much beer. Lol. :cheers:

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Thanks for the tips. My pass door has a busted handle on the inside anyway. I got one to replace tho. Have to replace drivers side motor too.

Doesn't matter about which side. Either one can be a PITA, but not too bad. I tend to pay a lot of attention to details like checking the roller movement, cleaning out the old grease and, using PB Blaster, anti-seize and white lube everywhere (but NOT like Tammy Faye Bakers' makeup).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128