What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Ya I have a 4 inch lift. Mine were cut by PO to fit 33's but Im gonna have to cut some more. It tore up my inside fender when I went through a ditch with the wheel turned.

That's interesting, mine has no lift and looks similar in height to yours. I was thinking of going with a 4" lift and putting uncut fenders on but now I'm concerned. I have been in some decent off-roading up in the cascades and I've only ever rubbed on the outer fender a bit.

Maybe I should go to a 6"

mrburitto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Cheyenne Camper Special, C30 Crew Cab Dualy
Engine Size
350, 496
That's interesting, mine has no lift and looks similar in height to yours. I was thinking of going with a 4" lift and putting uncut fenders on but now I'm concerned. I have been in some decent off-roading up in the cascades and I've only ever rubbed on the outer fender a bit.

Maybe I should go to a 6"

I don't know for sure, or how much, but the K25 should have a couple extra leafs and naturally sit a little higher right? Thats probably why its close. Also, my leaf pack is super tired. They are basically parallel to the ground lol. Again Im not sure if thats normal, but it doesnt seem right. I was gonna get a new pack eventually and figured it would lift it up a bit more.

It looks like I only need to cut out about 2 inches from the inside fender and maybe another inch from the outside/flare part.

Post a pic of yours.

Last edited:

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
well, K25 is just the GMC version of your K20. I do have the 8600 GVW springs.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I’m about to swap the 350 for a 454, so I’m going to need to do something or it is gonna drop an inch or two from the big block and 4L80 weight. I’m also going to put the 63” springs on the back, which supposedly raises the rear about 2”. Maybe I’ll just do the engine swap and rear spring swap and then just see how much I need to raise the front to level it.

You must be registered for see images attach

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Rebuilt my transmission. And its it in have at least reverse and 1st gear. Have 8 million crossmember bolts to get in before I try the rest of the gears. Feels good to hear it fire up again!

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Got my headliner material today. The closeup shows a little chunk of the original material sitting on the new new stuff.

Looking back at this - the stuff I got looks like yours, but look at my original stuff - different pattern.

Oh, well- probably nobody would notice.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Had the A/C compressor replaced and a 134 conversion done. She makes cold air again, but suddenly the temp gauge went wonky so I'll have to see what they mucked up.

I must say I missed the blast of cold from the left side vent that would frost your giblets.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Had the A/C compressor replaced and a 134 conversion done. She makes cold air again, but suddenly the temp gauge went wonky so I'll have to see what they mucked up.

I must say I missed the blast of cold from the left side vent that would frost your giblets.

Wish these trucks had the nut chiller vent - those are handy.

:)

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Looking back at this - the stuff I got looks like yours, but look at my original stuff - different pattern.

Oh, well- probably nobody would notice.

That’s called snake bite pattern. I think the place I bought from had that too.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I saw it somewhere but I guess it wasn’t there. Are you still wanting the original or are you just going to use what you got?

What I got will be installed today by my upholstery guy.

It will look fine .

Now I wonder, though, what the pattern was on my '77.

I remember the holes, and it being white as when you squooshed a mosquito on it that was full it made a mess.

:p

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I saw it somewhere but I guess it wasn’t there. Are you still wanting the original or are you just going to use what you got?

Well, still using what I got, but its gonna be custom.

Stuff from Classic is supposed to fit a Suburban. Has sewn seams. Seams ? Never clicked. Mine has 1 bow in the middle and no seams.

Well, the new one will ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tporter79