What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Check 'em out on YouTube. They sound friggin awesome. I went with the Venom 250's. I had them on a previous truck so I'm super excited to hear them on the ol' big block. I'm not sure I'll get the job done this weekend but I'm hoping I can tackle it by next weekend.

We better get to see a video. Lol

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Still havent found a good video of sound yet on v8 or otherwise.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

I liked the 454 a lot but the top one was too poppy for me with the back fires for me.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I liked the 454 a lot but the top one was too poppy for me with the back fires for me.
Obviously, the sound differs not only by which muffler you go with but also the whole set up between headers or manifolds, cam size, pipe size,.... but I do agree :)

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
:eek::eek::eek: The stress of quarantining must have got ya!! LOL :cheers:

actually i played with the jetting on the holley. if it was rich enough to eliminate the idle to main stumble then it was too rich in the power circuit. i figure the only cure was an aftermarket metering block, once it gets that complicated then what's the point of using a holley. yes a Qjet is usually a little more difficult to tune but once done it really can't be beat. I rebuilt a swap meet qjet, did the throttle bushing and followed the book on the rest and now she runs like a raped ape. Can't wait to get her to a track and run a timed run. Butt dyno feel like a low 14 sec not to bad for a street cruiser. i guess we will see :headbang: and the gas mileage looks to be in the 16-17 mpg range on top of that.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
actually i played with the jetting on the holley. if it was rich enough to eliminate the idle to main stumble then it was too rich in the power circuit. i figure the only cure was an aftermarket metering block, once it gets that complicated then what's the point of using a holley. yes a Qjet is usually a little more difficult to tune but once done it really can't be beat. I rebuilt a swap meet qjet, did the throttle bushing and followed the book on the rest and now she runs like a raped ape. Can't wait to get her to a track and run a timed run. Butt dyno feel like a low 14 sec not to bad for a street cruiser. i guess we will see :headbang: and the gas mileage looks to be in the 16-17 mpg range on top of that.

I too currently have the idle to main stumble and will soon be changing from the stock 30cc accelerator pump to a 50 cc in hopes of curing that. Already bought the kit for that and a complete rebuild , just have to quit driving it around long enough to do it. Hope it works out for you!:cheers:

85squaredC10

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 TBI
1978 C10 Fleetside 250 I6 3 speed on the tree. Engine rebuild. Happening now. I got the Engine/Trans removed, separated, and now cleaning it enough to take it apart without a ton of grease everywhere. It was really bad, as you can see from the photos. Power washed it yesterday. Will begin the teardown tomorrow. Really excited to see this old girl back to her former self!! Will post more when I'm further along.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
1978 C10 Fleetside 250 I6 3 speed on the tree. Engine rebuild. Happening now. I got the Engine/Trans removed, separated, and now cleaning it enough to take it apart without a ton of grease everywhere. It was really bad, as you can see from the photos. Power washed it yesterday. Will begin the teardown tomorrow. Really excited to see this old girl back to her former self!! Will post more when I'm further along.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Start yourself a build thread to track your process.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising