What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
All of my vertical adjustments are stripped out, they’re pretty reasonable on amazon, I need to replace all of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought cheap ones on eBay before. They stripped out. Back 10 years or so ago I actually got them from the GM dealer. Got raped on them but worked perfectly.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Last fill up with EFE valve actuator capped off.

Still some WOT clatter- from my reading I am thinking EGR and will have to trouble shoot.

This is highway mainly at 65 ish - cool enough to run vent only, windows up - AKA "Economy ".:p

Still - not bad for a brick.

Note that I multiply the mileage by 1.124 to compensate for the 33 inch tires.

You must be registered for see images attach
I've got the last 4 of your credit card!!! And I know it's a Visa so I have the first four, now all I have to do is guess the middle what 8 places!! Hehe

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I've got the last 4 of your credit card!!! And I know it's a Visa so I have the first four, now all I have to do is guess the middle what 8 places!! Hehe

Use it for gas so I get points before I cancel it. :cool:

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Use it for gas so I get points before I cancel it. :cool:
I use a credit card for everything!! I have to spend the money anyway, I'd rather get a 1-5% discount on everything instead of paying cash or debit for it all!! Your leaving money on the table if you don't do it. Everywhere has the cost of useing credit into their purchases anyway (whether they say it or not) so you may as well get the discount to drop the price anyway.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
OK ,so my pickup(75K20)needs an engine . Lost number 5, no compression dead miss. NO TIME. Trying to keep grandson's 79 K10 going! 20 years ago son-in-law bought a 78 K20, drove it for 3-4 years and decided he was gonna "fix it up". It was a rust bucket all over so he took it apart' I mean TOOK it APART!! Cab ,fenders ,box, engine, transfer case, all in pieces. The only thing left complete was the turbo 400. Got aftermarket fenders, doors and tailgate. Sat for 8-9 years and finally decided to put it together. Didn't have a clue! He is/was a paramedic and had a friend 15 years older(my ex-brother-on-law) that would help him. My ex-bil was a really good guy and he's the only one in the ex-family I really liked. Anyway I knew he and I were gonna be the ones to get this thing together. On craigs list one day saw a 79 K10 for sale. Engine and trans in the bed. GOOD shape. Right!! Called, went and looked and it WAS in GOOD shape!! No rust anywhere. Bought it for $400 hauled it home and started on it. Talked son-in-law into a crate 350, he got the 400 rebuilt and good ole Ray(bil) built the t-case. Put everything together about 2 years ago and it runs awesome! Odds and ends to do. Finally about 2 months ago took the dash out cleaned up replaced all the bulbs and was putting it back together and spied an electrical connector and found out it went to the tach. All back together and waited for darkness and finally fired it and all the dash lights worked and the tach worked!!!! Wouldn't have guessed anything worked after all these years of sitting around. Anyway they drove it around and when cold weather hit, no defrost. I got it back last week and started looking, found there was no vacuum to the controls(a/c cab). Plugged it all back in and WOW Defrost works great, now. Eventually I will get it ALL sorted , so I can go back to mine

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl
I have an 400 CID 2bbl motor. PM me if you are interested.

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
Engine Size
Did nothing today.

1. Because it's Sunday

2. Because I went to a funeral for my friend "Miner Mike". In Tombstone we have a procession down Allen Street, the main historical street in Tombstone.

It was the largest procession in Tombstone since the one in 1881 for the Cowboys killed NEAR the OK Corral, by the Earps and Doc Holliday.

He was well liked and a good friend of Tombstone.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I use a credit card for everything!! I have to spend the money anyway, I'd rather get a 1-5% discount on everything instead of paying cash or debit for it all!! Your leaving money on the table if you don't do it. Everywhere has the cost of useing credit into their purchases anyway (whether they say it or not) so you may as well get the discount to drop the price anyway.

Agreed. I have had 2 cards hacked, plus my bank account last year.:(

No hassle with any of the cards nor the credit union, which amazed me.

I use a debit card to pull cash out of an ATM and on rare occasions at a grocery store to get cash back.

Otherwise, all credit cards.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Got home and just got done with an oil change - of memory serves me the AC Delco filter is a PF1218 - Wally World no have- Advance was closed .

So, Super Tech 10W40 conventional plus a Fram PH5.
Ironically 10W40 syn blend was on sale for maybe 20 cents cheaper, but she leaks so why give her more incentive?:anitoof:

I got to thinking that with the EFE pulled shut constantly and all that exhaust backing up into the engine, and contaminating the oil, that it was cheap insurance.

So is that zinc additive- will hit Advance tomorrow.

Chit is 1/2 the cost of my home grown oil change, but if I am right, this change will go to 3K.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Agreed. I have had 2 cards hacked, plus my bank account last year.:(

No hassle with any of the cards nor the credit union, which amazed me.

I use a debit card to pull cash out of an ATM and on rare occasions at a grocery store to get cash back.

Otherwise, all credit cards.
Been hacked on a debit card once. Account locked and only way to get money was at the bank till new card arrived. It was less than $1000 and I got it all back. Cards hacked many times and bank called or texted each time and blocked charge and reissued cards. Just the cost of the modern world. With the chips it seems to have slowed down, but you can still use a card without the chip sobi am not sure why?

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
Engine Size
but you can still use a card without the chip sobi am not sure why?

I don't think all merchants have a chip reader????

Overland Suburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tracy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Swapped out the 10 bolt 1/2 ton running gear for 14 bolt FF with Lockrite and Dana 44 with Detroit 4:56 gears! Installed reverse shackle flip kit and got rid of thr 4" blocks. Sanded and painted the white spoke 16" rims black and went with Buckshot Mudders! New fuel pump, fuel filter, rebuilt tbi, plug wires and plugs, freshened up 700R4, sanded light surface rust and treated and primed

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84