What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Finally got around to working on my jalopy again, been putting it off because of the heat but put my Big Boy drawers on this morning and got after it. First installed drip rails over all 4 doors!
You must be registered for see images attach

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Next, after a well deserved beer break, I removed that big ugly ass A/C box since I had already removed all other A/C components. The wife donated one of her large aluminum cookie pans so I could make a nice delete panel out of it! Tomorrow will be the firewall clean up and cutting the delete panel and installation. Really stunning how much room that box took up. :cheers:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Next, after a well deserved beer break, I removed that big ugly ass A/C box since I had already removed all other A/C components. The wife donated one of her large aluminum cookie pans so I could make a nice delete panel out of it! Tomorrow will be the firewall clean up and cutting the delete panel and installation. Really stunning how much room that box took up. :cheers:

Nice! Does your wife have a sister? Lol

You're a lucky man!

Can't wait to see how it turns out. I've been thinking of doing it to mine since mine doesn't work.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet

So, are you going to keep the blower motor for the heater?

TerryRH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350ci
We got 1 1/2 inches of rain yesterday and up to 40 MPH winds.

Spent this morning cleaning up the mess and drying out the vehicles.

It happens if you don't expect rain and you leave the windows open,
This is exactly why I literally never leave my windows down anymore. Those stupid sneaky showers popping up out of nowhere. TWICE my kids have left the door wide the **** open that I know of, and both times it rained.
I refuse to take the A/C out. When mine stops working I'll get a retrofit kit to go in there, since I hear they're better anyways. It's too f'n hot here and the southeast where I spend a good bit of time to be rolling without it.
Don't get me wrong, I prefer rolling windows down. When it's in the upper 90s and triple digits, it is just not enjoyable for me.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
installed the on-door upper weatherstripping (purchased from LMC) on the front 2 doors of the suburban. i used 3M molding tape instead of adhesive. the weatherstripping seems to have cut the wind and road noise down substantially. i am considering putting it on the rear doors also.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
About to try again to adhear my rearview mirror again and try out the MMO for the first time

Took 3 times using the stuff they sell at the auto stores over maybe 4 months.

The final (successful so far ) was using stuff from Advance Auto, cleaning the base and the window with rubbing alcohol , and letting it sit 24 hours.

A simple metal hang down pedestal from the roof would have been so much simpler.

As I used to tell my buds, "Some Genius at GM" and then proceed with whatever rant.

You will find the above phrase useful - hell, I still use it.:33:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Took 3 times using the stuff they sell at the auto stores over maybe 4 months.

The final (successful so far ) was using stuff from Advance Auto, cleaning the base and the window with rubbing alcohol , and letting it sit 24 hours.

A simple metal hang down pedestal from the roof would have been so much simpler.

As I used to tell my buds, "Some Genius at GM" and then proceed with whatever rant.

You will find the above phrase useful - hell, I still use it.:33:
I bought the jb crap because it says it bonds glass so

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli