What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
added another pic that shows the teeth it handles. The other has 40-45 printed on it. Doing this was a first for me as well. My 68 camaro was off also.....had I only known. Doing 80 on the interstate it read around 90-95. lol 10 minute job. 350/th350 so I didn't need a passing gear. Think it had 4.10......but got better gas mileage than this thing.
I like those that have the numbers, some don't and that can be a PITA trying to figure out what gears they handle.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I always required a new converter. I did give the option for them to get their own, but I was usually able to get them to buy it from me if I sold it to them at my cost which I did do just to know they got one. I usually had them come by and let me take a look at the TV cable too.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I like doing 400's for boats, no damn converters to worry about, lol, in fact I got one coming in next week for a refresher.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've never done one for a boat. That's got to be an interesting set up.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I've never done one for a boat. That's got to be an interesting set up.
They have to be built up good they take a beating in a boat, especially in a twin turbo ski racer..

This is a typical ski race package with around 1200hp, nothing too fancy. One I got coming in is in a similar deal.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
They have to be built up good they take a beating in a boat, especially in a twin turbo ski racer..

This is a typical ski race package with around 1200hp, nothing too fancy. One I got coming in is in a similar deal.

That's purdy, but I hate when I see polished transmissions. They look nice but the heat dissipation characteristics suck giant balls same thing with polished intakes. That is a sexy boat tho. Draw threw? Why not blow threw?

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That's purdy, but I hate when I see polished transmissions. They look nice but the heat dissipation characteristics suck giant balls same thing with polished intakes. That is a sexy boat tho.
It don't affect them, there's a million of them out there with no heat problems, and especially when you have the worlds largest radiator at your disposal there is no reason for them to get hot,lol. But I don't like em polished either I HATE polishing, I just paint them black and be done with it.. That boat does double duty as a family cruiser and a ski racer.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
It don't affect them, there's a million of them out there with no heat problems, and especially when you have the worlds largest radiator at your disposal there is no reason for them to get hot,lol. But I don't like em polished either I HATE polishing, I just paint them black and be done with it.. That boat does double duty as a family cruiser and a ski racer.

I take that's yours? More Duece pics......

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I take that's yours? More Duece pics......
Unfortunately it's not I just know the boat, lol, I got a Raysoncraft GN project and a Spectra20 but that has an I/O with a dumb small block that I been using, getting tired of that though, time to put a V-drive in it..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Unfortunately it's not I just know the boat, lol, I got a Raysoncraft GN project and a Spectra20 but that has an I/O with a dumb small block that I been using, getting tired of that though, time to put a V-drive in it..

Gotcha

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
This is one I built from scratch back in 92, it used to be a blown alcohol circle boat, they bought a new boat and I picked it up the bare hull to build a river toy when I quit racing, I sold it 6yrs ago dumbest thing I ever did, I'm still kickin my ass for selling it.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
This is one I built from scratch back in 92, it used to be a blown alcohol circle boat, they bought a new boat and I picked it up the bare hull to build a river toy when I quit racing, I sold it 6yrs ago dumbest thing I ever did, I'm still kickin my ass for selling it.

That looks like a **** load of fun.
You know we are gonna get yelled at again for talking boats lol

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That looks like a **** load of fun.
You know we are gonna get yelled at again for talking boats lol
You can bet your ass it is. :D.

Yeah I know, but what's the worst can happen, we get banned.. :rotflmao:

Ok, back to our regular scheduled programming. :D

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
You can bet your ass it is. :D.

Yeah I know, but what's the worst can happen, we get banned.. :rotflmao:

Ok, back to our regular scheduled programming. :D

I've been smacked with the ban stick as I have whacked others with it. As you guys are with these trucks I am with VW and Audi but the people on them sites make my head hurt therefore I am here lol

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I've been smacked with the ban stick as I have whacked others with it. As you guys are with these trucks I am with VW and Audi but the people on them sites make my head hurt therefore I am here lol
Now that's funny, lol..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheify