What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I didn't take a picture of the rotor but it's blue too.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
New ignition wires, rotor, and cap. Removed the large mirrors and went with smaller ones.
I think I'm going to switch to the smaller mirrors myself. Where did you get those?

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I got them at Classic Industries. They said they're for both LH and RH. The mirrors themselves were, but the rubber mounts were not. The mounts are made to tilt the assembly up above the bottom of the window opening so you can see the whole mirror. The problem is, is that the mount is square on one end and slightly rounded on the other end to match the base of the mirror assembly, and there's a little knob in the back that goes in a hole in the door. Works great on the LH side, but on the RH side the mount is then upside down and places the mirror below the window opening. I modified it to work but if I were you I make sure it wasn't a universal fit mirror.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
After weeks of troubleshooting my lack of having a high speed ac blower fan setting...I finally said screw it!!

I installed a seperate switch mounted in the ash tray just above the cigarette lighter socket that is wired directly to the ac/heater blower fan motor. I now have....ultra high speed ac, vent or heat capabilities. In the end, I think that there is a wire missing from the oem factory ac speed switch and the motor.

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Well I've talked myself out of the dipping the exhaust manifolds. I like the affect, not sure if I want it in my engine bay.

Anyway, I painted them with silver high heat. They are nice, just look too plain. I bought some shelf mat today to play with to maybe give it a carbon fiber look. Below are pics on cardboard. Now to figure out what I want....and duplicate it on the exhaust.

The left section of each pic is silver based with black sprayed over the mat, the other side is black based. The lower you go in each picture, the more angle I put to it. At the very bottom of each, I came it at the same angle, from the other side with a 3rd color (what I had laying around...not what I'll use).

keyboard Control & mouse scroll to zoom

Top Section
picture.php

Lower Section
picture.php

Last edited:

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
got my wiring issue figured out from last night. hooked up the wires Saturday and Sunday attempted to connect the battery. to no avail nothing but a small click happened in the starter. turns out there was a bad connection at the battery with a small amount of corrosion.

heres the video of today and it turning over, mind you I have no fuel connected at all so sorry its like someone singing "Chilis baby back ribs" and just repeating "baby back, baby back, i want my baby back, baby back...."

https://youtu.be/vGNFk8mycWk

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Sounds like you got it fixed..

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
Replaced the adjustable vacuum can on my HEI, because I adjusted it too far (engine idles at 8" in drive), it detonates on medium throttle up hills (10.9:1 compression, 305 heads).

Installed a VC1703 which is still too high for an all-in can (10") so the idle is a bit erratic (I love it). Detonation seems to be gone.

I had a limiter to 12° with the old can, but this can pulls up to 18° - no detonation on cruise that I can tell, might even see more mileage (getting 10mpg, currently).

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I finished installing my window/lock/mirror harness in my father in laws 77 GMC this past weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_1204.jpg
    IMG_1204.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 108

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
We have ignition!

so this happened today after work... hope yall enjoy.

https://youtu.be/JS_tbdqZ4uw
first fire up since the carb swap. this was just an initial time, still need to set it properly but I am not too far off i think...

are new headers supposed to smoke alot at first?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
sweet!!

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
are new headers supposed to smoke alot at first?

Yes. You're burning off paint and any oils or finger prints on there. Should go away soon enough.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Truck is gutted so I can run all new wiring....this truck had ZERO options other than gauges instead of idiot lights....

....we mocked up some 1991 Suburban power doors on it as you can tell from looking at the RH door panel.....

Attachments

• IMG_1205.jpg
    IMG_1205.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 97

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loki1978