What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Panel glued, liquid nails and riveted the floor patches in today.
Looks good!
Did you actually use liquid nails or something with better strength properties. Like panel bonding adhesive or similar?
If not, you may want to put in more rivets. Thinking over time, body flexing etc.
Just spitballing here.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The left rear tire on the camo truck lost most of it's tread on friday:

You must be registered for see images attach

So yesterday I did some swapping with the rusty Suburban. The camo truck got the 36" radials and the Suburban got the 38's to hold it up off the ground for now.

Now I need to save my pennies and hopefully buy a new pair of Interco Cobalts (GroundHawgs) since they finally offer them in a 15" rim now.

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Looks good!
Did you actually use liquid nails or something with better strength properties. Like panel bonding adhesive or similar?
If not, you may want to put in more rivets. Thinking over time, body flexing etc.
Just spitballing here.
I used 3M panel bonding adhesive around the riveted perimeter and used a tube of $12 liquid nails fuse it, almost the entire tube on the inside mating surface and both interior and exterior seams. Hopefully, that’s enough. The drivers side panel was a very tight fit. I considered welding it but figured a lot of extra work for an area that’s not visible.

Attachments

• IMG_2796.jpeg
    IMG_2796.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I used 3M panel bonding adhesive around the riveted perimeter and used a tube of $12 liquid nails fuse it, almost the entire tube on the inside mating surface and both interior and exterior seams. Hopefully, that’s enough. The drivers side panel was a very tight fit. I considered welding it but figured a lot of extra work for an area that’s not visible.
Makin great progress!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising